The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#105398 - 01/30/07 05:18 AM Re: Men who dislike makeup, perfume on women [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I had my face done at a counter once -- the makeup artist practically dragged me into her chair! -- and I looked like one of the Stepford Wives when she was finished. Scary!

I wore a fair amount of makeup when I was younger, but you get used to your face looking like ... you

Poet and essayist

#105399 - 01/30/07 05:38 AM Re: Men who dislike makeup, perfume on women [Re: orchid]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Have talked to 2 hairdressers who have each worked in their jobs in past 15 years. They have each developed (and they each work at different salons in different cities), over-sensitivity to hair sprays, chemicals, etc. due to overexposure in their jobs.

The last time I work mascara was 25 years ago (yea, 1/4 century ago). My eyes felt heavier and more exhausted. So since I have naturally black lashes, even if on short side, no point trying much harder.

Wearing nail polish -- same, 25 years ago. My fingers felt cooler than normal, to me when I wore nail polish.

So as long as fingernails are neatly shaped and clean, it's ok.

And I never knew that nail extensions were painful to remove, if you change your mind...someone told me a few wks. ago.

#105400 - 03/01/07 09:42 AM Re: Men who dislike makeup, perfume on women [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Someone once said, "I've never seen an old barn yet that couldn't use a good paint job." When I was much younger I could get by with using vaseline, when I was in my 30's I could even be dramatic if I wanted to be. In my 40's I toned it down a bit.

Now that I'm in my 50's approaching 60, I use it sparingly and wisely. Too much makeup emphasizes the fine lines. Too much makeup collects in creases. Too little makeup just makes a woman look old.

To me a woman's face is like a painter's canvas. Each of us and our mates see the outcome in a different way and process it through our filters.

Just like art, a woman's facial beauty is in the eye of the beholder. One of my daughters was married to a man who refused to let her wear makeup because he was afraid other men would be attracted to her.

Needless to say, that marriage lasted about as long as an ice cream cone in July...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved