The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 183 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#105388 - 01/28/07 11:48 PM Men who dislike makeup, perfume on women
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
These men actually do exist. One of them is my partner....he is allergic to perfumy fragrance. Even a hint in my foundation or lipstick, he doesn't want to lean close to me.

Suits me. I can always be really Me without the extra layers of artificial colour...which is 90% of the time.

However I do like some fragrant body lotions and body washes. So I buy such things with care.... and have only received 1 gift of this sort from in him...because he starts getting a headache as soon as he smells it..

#105389 - 01/29/07 12:19 AM Re: Men who dislike makeup, perfume on women [Re: orchid]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Since I'm prone to headaches and allergies, I don't like anything with a lot of scent.

El Hubbo told me 30 years ago that I was beautiful without makeup, but it took me another 15 before I had that epiphany. Haven't worn a drop of makeup since except nail polish, and that suits both of us just fine.

Poet and essayist

#105390 - 01/29/07 02:33 AM Re: Men who dislike makeup, perfume on women [Re: meredithbead]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
He is allergic enough that he takes extra care in choosing specific soaps for washing himself. Very particular. So we found a mild goat's milk soap..

He absolutely detests walking even past a cosmetic counter in stores. And usually stays outside a "lifestyle" store where there are scented candles, etc.in the store inventory. Unfortunately most tropical garden conservatories are out for him also. You can guess, that I genuinely have to enjoy certain things just without him for awhile at certain times. Not a problem. I enjoyed them solo before I met him...

#105391 - 01/29/07 08:19 AM Re: Men who dislike makeup, perfume on women [Re: orchid]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
I've become more sensitive to those strong scented stores as well. My Hubby has always waited outside of those stores...hat in hand and collects a few pennies;..no, heh heh, just kidding.

Perfume scents are most overpowering in theatres. Have you ever squished your way down a row where sparkling jewelled ladies are sitting, and had to hold your breath? Those scents can knock you over.

I think a scent is most beautiful when it's hardly there, and you have to actually seek it.

#105392 - 01/29/07 02:28 PM Re: Men who dislike makeup, perfume on women [Re: Edelweiss]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Was that your husband standing next to my friend. She can't go in Bath and Body Works or Yankee Candle. But she stands outside waiting for me while lifting her skirt a bit and winking. Sometimes she's gone by the time I'm finished and never to be seen again.

#105393 - 01/29/07 04:05 PM Re: Men who dislike makeup, perfume on women
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Woaaa...hear that single ladies? Dotsie is giving hot tips!
Excuse me while I tighten my husband's leash.

#105394 - 01/29/07 09:21 PM Re: Men who dislike makeup, perfume on women [Re: Edelweiss]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I used to work in a department store and during inventory one year I got stuck in the cosmetic department. After a few hours of inventoring perfumes, I knew that I would never again wear heavy perfume. A little goes a long way, a lot leads to a headache and upset stomach.

#105395 - 01/29/07 09:59 PM Re: Men who dislike makeup, perfume on women [Re: Anno]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Hi, Hannelore: I'd be one of those women! I douse myself with perfume when I go to work even if it makes me heady. Mostly, to repel other people's smell in the train. Quite like a tactical offensive. Being cooped up like cattle in very overcrowded trains can leave one gasping especially when it is cold and windows are left closed. Some folks have no sense of what they smell like so, I hunch over to smell me!

#105396 - 01/30/07 12:47 AM Re: Men who dislike makeup, perfume on women [Re: Lola]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Well, I don't wear a lot of perfume it does make me sneeze , but love to smell it on someone else . If I spray it into the air and walk though the spray that helps . to sent the clothes .

I don't think I could go out without my face on (that is what I call putting makeup on . I never thought I was pretty , but got hold of covergirl one day and then went to Lancome and needed a brighter smile and it helps keep my face moist . My mother was a fan of the power and lipstick she put on her cheeks .

I think my husband likes me better with makeup on even though I don't think he would notice , Not sure . Haa...

Blessing,

Renee

#105397 - 01/30/07 12:49 AM Re: Men who dislike makeup, perfume on women [Re: Sadie]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
If I didn't wear mascara, my eyes would fade right away. But all I wear is mascara, blush and lipstick. I've been tempted many times to go to a makeup pro for help, but I'm afraid they'll use a bunch of heavy foundation or something, and I'm not into that.

Kathy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved