The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 175 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#105200 - 01/28/07 12:38 AM amateur hour
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I just washed my hair with herbal shampoo made by a friend's sister (no, not anyone here ) It was a holiday gift from my friend.

My hair is almost dry, and I'm at a loss to describe how really bad it looks.

Like a raccoon barfed on it, maybe?

I'm all in favor of people trying new hobbies -- but if it's something that will be used by another person, it would be really nice if the hobbyist tried it out at home first. Because I can't imagine that my friend's sister actually tested this ...uh... shampoo.

Time to pour the remaining raccoon barf down the drain, and re-wash my hair.

Should I even bother telling my friend?

Poet and essayist

#105201 - 01/28/07 12:43 AM Re: amateur hour [Re: meredithbead]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Oh, keep it a secret, so other's have a chance to experience racoon barf.

I remember someone telling me a long time ago to rinse my hair with Jello. It took a weeks worth of washing to get my hair to stop looking like a mad porcupine.

Thanks for the laugh. Sorry it is at your expense. Hey, you are good at throwing things - how about throwing the bottle at your friends sister?

#105202 - 01/28/07 06:28 PM Re: amateur hour [Re: Anno]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
ha ha you ladies are a riout. I use beer shampoo. I love it; it gives my hair a special shine, and it encourages me to sing in the shower...hick...
Can't figure why Hubby thinks it's so gross when I burp bubbles.

#105203 - 01/28/07 06:40 PM Re: amateur hour [Re: Edelweiss]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
You know, a sleepover party with all of us is starting to sound a tad frightening....

Meredith, I would tell your friend! That sounds truly gross. Was your hair better after just one wash, or is it looking like it will take awhile to get it out?

Kathy

#105204 - 01/29/07 12:29 AM Re: amateur hour [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Hannelore, since you've lived in both places -- is German beer better than US beer for hair washing? Or is it the amount consumed? *burp*

Kathy, I'd NEVER bring mystery shampoo to a party!!

After reading Anno's jello fiasco, I decided to go with dishwashing liquid to wash the weird stuff out sooner. My hair looks like real human hair again, although flat in some places and clumpy in others.

Hats are good.

Poet and essayist

#105205 - 02/04/07 04:06 PM Re: amateur hour [Re: meredithbead]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I would definitely tell my friend and maybe tell her to buy her sister a paint by number kit, its safer...talk about mad scientists!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#105206 - 02/05/07 05:33 PM Re: amateur hour [Re: chatty lady]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
L.m.a.o...I would be livid Merideth...I am soooo queenie about my hair. You have taken this in such good humor. It reminded me of when I got my hair stuck to a long string of tree bark!!! I was living in a womens refuge at the time...I ended up, stuck to a tree, in a park about to close....by the time I managed to get free....the gates were locked..I had to climb the wall and jump over...straight into the arms of two police men!!! When I got home to the refuge...my fellow fugee's did all sorts to me, to no avail!!!
The staff returned the next day and everyone just found the whole episode hysterical.
I spent the whole morning in the hair-dressers sobbing. Perming lotion was the only thing that would shift the stuff(I had been growing my hair for about three years...but thankfully didn't have to get it cut)...I then needed to have it coloured!! So now I have just remembered why I am so queenie about my hair!! The truth Merideth pet!!

Popea
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#105207 - 02/06/07 07:16 AM Re: amateur hour [Re: Poppie]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

having been through chemotherapy, I just have the attitude about hair that it'll grow back, so I don't get too precious about it. However, when one isn't expecting really atrocious results, "scary hair day" can be a bit disconcerting.

Poet and essayist

#105208 - 02/06/07 09:27 AM Re: amateur hour [Re: meredithbead]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
When I had my brain bleed Meredith...they shaved my hair underneath...leaving me with a sorta layered effect?? I still think about that and it makes me laugh to think that as I lay there dying....my surgeon was so careful with my bobbed brilliance...maybe that was the job of a fussy nurse....or maybe I never saw the back of my head and was happy to beleive it looked ok(the latter me thinks!!!)

Popea
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#105209 - 02/13/07 05:20 AM Re: amateur hour [Re: meredithbead]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Quote:

I just washed my hair with herbal shampoo made by a friend's sister (no, not anyone here ) It was a holiday gift from my friend.

My hair is almost dry, and I'm at a loss to describe how really bad it looks.

Like a raccoon barfed on it, maybe?

I couldn't help but giggle at the vomit metaphor...you have a way with words.

Bet you washed your hair 3 times again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved