The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 98 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 19 20 >
Topic Options
#104675 - 01/27/07 04:47 PM Re: Update on my Brother
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Yes, Eagle, please be persitent about all of this. When you see your regular doctor next week, be very specific about your symptoms and do not let anyone be dismissive about your concerns. And stay away from the dishes, girlfriend.

#104676 - 01/27/07 04:57 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Anno]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Eagle,
Take care of you...listen to your own body and get with your doctor...glad your brother's news is good

#104677 - 01/27/07 06:50 PM Re: Update on my Brother
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Something I've learned recently (from a sister, who was admitted to the ER with chest pains). There are stress tests and then there is a female stress test. Ask specifically for the one for our gender! According to our hospital's ER physician, there IS a difference. He told my sister to demand it. Don't know if it has a name or not, but any good heart facility should know.

#104678 - 01/29/07 02:18 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: gims]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
gimster, great advice. I'll remember this. Thanks.

#104679 - 01/29/07 11:03 PM Re: Update on my Brother
Dreamer Offline

I have been off-site for much too long. I hope your brother is making progress and please know he and you are in my prayers whether I'm showing up here or not. I'm anxious to know what you find out when you see your doctor and please, if you feel those symptoms again please go right to the ER. With heart - related symptoms you don't have to sit and wait; they take you right in.

Dreamer

#104680 - 01/31/07 01:06 AM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Dreamer]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dreamer, it's great to see you!

#104681 - 01/31/07 03:45 AM Re: Update on my Brother
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Eagle - the latest update please. On both you and your brother. Please.

#104682 - 01/31/07 07:47 AM Re: Update on my Brother
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Eagle honey you take care of the caregiver. Bless your heart. You just can't get a break, can you? I hope you will follow up with your own doc, just to make sure all is well.

And like Dots said, get those fluids in!

I'll be thinking of you, dear friend!

#104683 - 01/31/07 10:31 AM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Eagle, I hope Gary has had some fun with the little tidbits sent his way. And yes, lead will cause an abundance of weird occurances, like isolated pain and dizziness. Mention that to the doctor as well.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#104684 - 01/31/07 12:52 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: chatty lady]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Updates: My brother is doing well...a brief lull between storms. He has another CAT scan tomorrow night, then we'll find out next week whether he goes through another round of DHAP chemo, or straight to the autologous transplant (in which case he'll be hospitalized for 3-4 weeks). He's in what his medical team call a resting period, where his body is recovering from the intense chemo blast he had two weeks ago and building up strength for the next chemo blast. He's eating well the last few nights, and has enough energy to walk around the apartment.

I'm doing well. The dizzy spells seem to have passed, though they seem to worsen when I'm here at my brother's. I didn't have them at all while at home. My BP is perfect. I still have to call and make a doctor's appointment to get my bloodwork done...want to check my estrogen and lead levels. My sister-in-law told me that she used to have terrible dizzy spells while she was going through menopause. That's the likeliest culprit for me, but will get a thorough check-up done as soon as I can get in to see the doctor.

Thanks to everyone for your care...gosh, I just don't know how I would be getting through all this without you! It's so heartwarming and encouraging to have you all to lean against when the going gets scary and tough. Saying a special prayer of gratitude and thanksgiving for you this morning!

(Maya Angelou)

Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 19 20 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved