The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 163 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#103921 - 01/21/07 01:30 PM Miniatrues/dollhouses
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Anyone else into dollhouses and or miniatures? I did this years ago with some friends and had several dollhouses at one point. Still have two of them in my son's basement that will go to my granddaughter. I bought a new one last year and got into it again.

#103922 - 01/21/07 01:33 PM Re: Miniatrues/dollhouses [Re: Louisa]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I've never been into it Louisa but I love to look at them so maybe one day I will try one of my own. I bet it's a lot of fun.

#103923 - 01/21/07 03:13 PM Re: Miniatrues/dollhouses [Re: TVC15]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I love miniatures. All of mine are in storage right now. Haven't attempted a dollhouse but would love to some day. Do you have any pictures you could post? I'd love to see them.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#103924 - 01/21/07 03:35 PM Re: Miniatrues/dollhouses [Re: Dianne]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Her stuff is beautiful! I love them too and if you find one at a bargain, you better grab it. They are few and far between. I found ONE....and gave it to Lea.

#103925 - 01/21/07 07:30 PM Re: Miniatrues/dollhouses [Re: jawjaw]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
I'm a dollhouse hobbyist as well, Louisa. It was a hobby that I had set aside for a very long time and just picked up on it again after my divorce. Now that I have the ex's study as well, I now have room for dollmaking and dollhouses. Three are finished and furnished but unlit: Victorian, Edwardian and a Tudor cottage. The fourth is a Tudor cottage as well but, still a work in progress because I would like it wired for interior lighting. I have just ordered a fifth kit for my granddaughter which I hope to paint and decorate with her in the summer. It is four feet high, three-level and can accommodate 12-inch dolls. Do you build yours from scratch? I usually get my furniture from antique markets here where ceramic miniatures can be had for a song. But, I made some of the pottery as I am also an amateur potter. I don't know how to upload photos from my camera but will post as soon as I get the hang of it.

#103926 - 01/21/07 07:54 PM Re: Miniatrues/dollhouses [Re: Lola]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Get this...the one I got for Lea I found one day when I say a man putting it into a trash bin. I'm not lying. I was in my car and drove right up next to him and said, "Mister, are you about to throw that away?" He said, "Yep, I sure don't want to, but we are moving and my wife said it had to go. I built it from scratch for my daughter who is grown now. Even the shingles are real."

I was flabbergated that the wife/mom could let go of something her hubby had made, or that was her daughter's...why not save it for your grandchild?

Anyway, I asked him if I could buy it from him, and he said, "You may have it. I'll be very happy knowing that someone who values these kind of things will have it." I assure him I would treasure it. And I have!

Lola, I can't wait to see your houses! Oh boy! Oh boy! I never get tired of seeing what other's do with them.

I wonder if there are clubs for people like me who love them and tinker with them?

#103927 - 01/22/07 03:56 AM Re: Miniatrues/dollhouses [Re: jawjaw]
Louisa Offline

Diane, I have some photos of it. I'll try posting a couple.

Lola, I made the current one from a kit. I've done that before and have also bought them all built. One that is stored and being saved for my granddaughter I bought a long time ago. It must be about 75 years old now. It was hand made so the rooms are a little under scale, but it a just so cute.

We have one at work that was donated. It is a museum quality piece and just gorgeous. Sometimes when I am stressed, I like to just go stand in front of it and look at the pretty rooms. I have some photos of it as well and will try posting those too.

#103928 - 01/22/07 05:06 AM Re: Miniatrues/dollhouses [Re: Louisa]
Louisa Offline

This is the living room in mine. You can't make it out, but the picture on the wall next to the door is my wedding picture. I scale photos down and frame them for the house.

#103929 - 01/22/07 05:08 AM Re: Miniatrues/dollhouses [Re: Louisa]
Louisa Offline

This is my office/computer room.

#103930 - 01/22/07 05:10 AM Re: Miniatrues/dollhouses [Re: Louisa]
Louisa Offline

this is the one at work. I'll try to upload one I have of the living room. It's beautiful. This one has closets and is electrified.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved