The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 166 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#103284 - 01/16/07 11:46 PM Re: First Post [Re: pawm]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well glory be, not one, but two newbies at once. A hadry welcome to you Pawn and Gimster. I hope your membership here will prove as worthwhile and rewarding as mine has been to me, one of the old timers. I say that because I graduated and got married in 1958, innocent child bride that I was...OH YEA!
HUGS to you both.
Chatty

Edited by chatty lady (01/16/07 11:53 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#103285 - 01/17/07 12:32 AM Re: First Post [Re: chatty lady]
pawm Offline
stranger

Loc: California
Hi Chatty,

I've heard that good things come in twos. They also come in ones and threes and so on but for newbies posting, they come in twos.

I am glad to meet you and the rest of the crew that is on board. Cruising through the forums and meeting everyone is been great sailing and I'm lovin' it.

Thank you for introducing yourself and making us feel welcome. I'm sure, I'll be talking to you again in another forum.

Pam

#103286 - 01/17/07 05:53 AM Re: First Post [Re: pawm]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Here's my official HIYA to Pam, Laurel and Gimster. Pam already pm'd me when she saw my smiling face and said "Aha! I recognize this person!" The poetry group was great while it lasted.

Poet and essayist

#103287 - 01/17/07 06:13 AM Re: First Post [Re: pawm]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Pam, Hi back...
Nature - I just love being in it. I love the cool grass on my feet. I love the wind in my hair. I love the soft caress of water. I love the smell of morning air, a quick rain, and even horse manure in the pasture. And, I love trees, especially majestic oaks. Can you imagine what the good Lord was thinking as he created it all?

I do truly enjoy all 7 GC - well, there is one that hasn't exactly warmed to me yet, but he'll come around - it is amazing how different they all are. I have a silent, sensitive type with a huge heart. I have one who is all giggle and talk. Another is pure primp and pamper, loving all thing glittery. Those 3 are my girls. Then the boys: one ADHD driven, one born to be an athlete, another so smart you'd think he's 10 years older, and then the one who stands alone (our individual of individuals), and like I said before, he will warm up to me, eventually. I keep craft boxes full of items I've collected for our play times. We create, create, create... and they love it. We also love playing games - Racko, Scrabble, Life, etc. They are all growing up so fast. It seems to be happening faster than when our girls did. This makes me sad. There is absolutely nothing more precious or grounding than sweet little arms being placed around your neck in an unpretentious hug!!!

#103288 - 01/17/07 06:28 AM Re: First Post [Re: gims]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Hi, Gimster: Welcome! I'm glad I checked back on this thread and can now welcome you to the gang as well. How old are your grandchildren and and do they live closeby? Mine are 3 months, 2 and 6. They live in the country but come around to stay for a weekend each month. We however webcam each other every evening after their bath. They do seem to grow up faster than our own children did. My 6-year old seems to have grown up overnight. Right now, he's waiting to retire two lower front baby teeth.

See you at the threads!

#103289 - 01/17/07 06:38 AM Re: First Post [Re: Lola]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Hello Lola,
Thanks for the welcome and nice to meet you.

Our oldest is 11. From there we have a 10, a 9, 2@ 8, and then 2@ 5. Both of our girls and their families live near, so we are able to see all at will. In fact, we live an almost equal distance between the two families, no more than 15 miles. It really worked out nicely when I was the "sitter." Now all 7 are in school, so I'm not needed in that capacity much any more. I'm glad you get to see yours at least once a month. I have withdrawals if I go any longer than 2 weeks without seeing some of them. Don't be surprised if I post incessantly with talk of my 7 grands!

#103290 - 01/17/07 07:04 AM Re: First Post [Re: gims]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Post freely about your grandchildren, Gimster. Many of us bring out our brag books at a drop of a hat, as grandmothers do. There have been a few grandbabies born and welcomed last year. We await further announcements.

I love walking barefoot as well and did that for a whole summer when I was 13 much to the chagrin of my parents but, since I could not and was not allowed Woodstock in the summer of 1969, I thought I'd freestyle.

#103291 - 01/17/07 01:27 PM Re: First Post [Re: Lola]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Hey there Gimster ....great to have you on board..as I say to all newbies...this place is special...brimmed ful of warm witty, welcoming and inspirational lasses. The craic is mighty(craic=fun)and I hope you find it a great place to hang out and make freinds.

Pawm...I used to be switched in the choir to strenghten whatever harmonies were lacking...so I can cover a pretty good range...it would be the best of craic(pronounced crack) to sing together..lol..you record something and pm me with a link..I will harmonize and edit..then well post it in a forum...and swing...eh???

Keep Sweet
Popea
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#103292 - 01/17/07 02:31 PM Re: First Post [Re: Poppie]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Popea! What an excellent idea! I would kill to hear you sing. Okay, maybe not kill, but you know what I mean. I hope you all do that! I was the president of my high school choir till me and another guy got kicked out for talking. Can you imagine?

I don't like doing a blanket WELCOME, but here it is. You three NEWBEES bring so much to our forum and we're just tickled to pieces to see you here. Nature, cameras, jazz, grandchildren, ... these are a few of my favoriteeeee thingssssss...(Queen is singing LOUDLY, not necessarily goodLY)...

You're going to love it here, and guess what? We're going to love you being here.

By the way, Oakwood College is about 20 minutes or so from my home. I live 20 miles outside of Huntsville, AL. Too bad we didn't know each other then! And UAB is only about an hour away. I could have met you boomers!

Welcome girls --- Post! Post!

#103293 - 01/17/07 04:20 PM Re: First Post [Re: gims]
Laurel Offline

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Welcome Gimster,

Love the name.

I'd love to hear y'all sing. I'll keep quiet as I can't carry a tune in a bucket.

Laurel

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved