The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 126 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#103274 - 01/16/07 02:56 PM Re: First Post [Re: Dianne]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Hi Pam,
Nice to meet you. I'm a former New Yorker as well but love my move south.
My son's a little older than yours. He's almost 17.
Welcome to the group!

#103275 - 01/16/07 03:35 PM Re: First Post [Re: pawm]
Laurel Offline

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Hello Pam,
I'm actually newer than you but wanted to say "Welcome". My name is actually Pam too. I picked Laurel because there are so many Pam's; didn't want to cause any confusion. Laurel is another name for a variety of tree such as the Magnolia. I'm a tree hugger...so there you go.

I was born in Oxnard but we moved to Oklahoma (where my family is originally from) when I was 9.

I envy you prune pickers about now. We're up to our ears in ice here in Okie land.

Laurel

#103276 - 01/16/07 09:37 PM Re: First Post [Re: chickadee]
pawm Offline
stranger

Loc: California
Hi Chickadee,

Thanks for stopping by to welcome me. BTW -- I love your picture. I think it's awesome!

Pam

#103277 - 01/16/07 09:42 PM Re: First Post [Re: Jane_Carroll]
pawm Offline
stranger

Hi Jane, I went to Oakwood College in Huntsville and majored in Home Economics. I don't think they call it that anymore. I think it's called consumer education. I was in the Northern parts.

Nice to meet you and I'm looking forward to seeing you around the forums.

Pam

#103278 - 01/16/07 10:06 PM Re: First Post [Re: pawm]
pawm Offline
stranger

As I am still drying behind my ears... I want to thank you all for making me welcome. It is really warm in here -- the kind of place where I get my cup of chai tea and chat for hours.

Diane -- whatever questions you have, shoot them my way. All I have ever owned were Canons, although Nikons are extremely nice cameras. I'll help you with whatever I can.

TVC15 -- I didn't find a name but I see you are from North Carolina -- a place I visit from time to time -- near Wilmington. Thanks for stopping by to say welcome.

Laurel/Pam -- I love magnolias. I never knew there was a laurel variety. My first encounter with magnolias were down south. I can vividly remember how the magnolia scent permeated the nighttime air. They're awsome trees. BTW -- I love your name and I don't think I'm biased either <lol> Thanks for your warm welcome.

I look forward to seeing everyone as I peruse through the forums. Again, thanks.

Pam

#103279 - 01/16/07 10:11 PM Re: First Post [Re: Poppie]
pawm Offline
stranger

Hi Popea,

I say we find a way to get together and sing a few notes -- I love singing. I just don't know if everybody loves my singing as much. I would love to hear you sing jazz. Hopefully, one day I'll get that chance. I enjoy listening as well as singing. I sang in a few groups -- mostly as an alto or tenor -- not a soloist by any stretch of the imagination.

I look forward to seeing you around the forum and communicating. Maybe we can sing a few tunes on the board -- yes?

Pam

#103280 - 01/16/07 10:25 PM Re: First Post [Re: Jane_Carroll]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Isn't it a small world? Jane, I'm also a UAB alum - 1993 (I was a very late bloomer LOL) And I gave up nursing in '88 for accounting and am now ready to embark on a third career, if I could just figure out what it is!

Pawm, great to meet you. I have been a member here for about a year or so, and I love the community here. Whatever you need here, someone has the answer. I love it!
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#103281 - 01/16/07 10:43 PM Re: First Post [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Hello Pam and everyone else.
I'm a newbie, too.
Can't wait to get to know each of you better.

My DH and I have two grown girls, who, with their husbands, have blessed us with 7 grandchildren. They give my life purpose. I am unemployed, but thinking of returning to the corporate world. We live in south Texas, which I often want to leave, but when I visit other places, I'm always glad to return to the place we call home.
I try to run around barefooted whenever possible. I hate wearing the infamous '60s undergarment (even though I wasn't a burner, at the time). I wear makeup, sparingly, or not at all. Grey, spectacled and rounding with age, I've come to enjoy spending boocoos of time on the internet. One last "I like" - nature.

#103282 - 01/16/07 10:55 PM Re: First Post [Re: yonuh]
pawm Offline
stranger

Hi Yonuh,

It is a pleasure to meet you and thank you for e-mailing me. I am planning to be involved in the forums -- a lot of warmth here.

Hope to see you around.

Pam

#103283 - 01/16/07 11:04 PM Re: First Post [Re: gims]
pawm Offline
stranger

Hi Gimster,

Thank you for stopping by and welcoming me even though you are new too.

I see that you are a nature lover and so am I. I like photographing trees, bugs, flowers, fruits & veggies, sunsets, etc. How do you enjoy nature? I sometimes go on long walks with my camera and take all sorts of pictures along the way.

I hope you're getting a kick out of so many grandchildren. My husband has one who comes and spends the night on the weekends. We have a ball with him. I'm sure with 7, it is seven times the fun. What are some of the things you enjoy with your grand kids?

Look forward to getting to know you.

Pam

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved