The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 116 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#103223 - 01/15/07 04:29 PM just checking in...
copygal Offline

Loc: Texas
Good Morning Ladies,
Well, my daughter got married on December 30, and her new hubby is back in Alabama, going to school, courtesy of the U.S. Army. He won't be finished until some time in May or June, so she's staying here with me for the time being. He won't know until he's finished where he's going to be posted and my daughter is nervous, worrying that it might be overseas.
I interviewed at the local high school again, this time for another job. Didn't hear anything this time. On the plus side, I signed up with a local staffing agency called Digital People (a subsidiary of ProStaff). I'll be freelancing for awhile, working for different companies in the area. Thought that would give me a chance to try out several places and see what I like. A friend gave me a lead on a part-time job in the area, working two weekends a month, answering the phones and doing reports at a real estate office. And I'm still doing some ghostwriting for an info marketer online. Have to start making a good living and soon, so I'll still have a place to live when my daughter moves away.
A few months ago, I told you gals about meeting another widow quite by chance, while getting my car inspected. Well, we've become pretty good friends, first sending emails back and forth, then we got together for lunch recently. I'm doing a resume for her, so she can go after a brand new job, and start a brand new life. She's very excited about it and I'm so happy for her. She sounds so much stronger these days. I know I can count on you gals to send prayers up for her about this job.
Just wanted to touch base with you great gals, since I haven't had much of a chance the last couple of months. I hope everyone had a great holiday. And my wish is that we all can make 2007 a truly great, prosperous, happy year.

Life is what happens while you're making other plans.

#103224 - 01/15/07 05:35 PM Re: just checking in... [Re: copygal]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Glad to see you back, copygal. You sound pretty positive with the changes happening in your life - so good to hear that! Good luck on the temp work; you may impress someone so they'll want you full time.

#103225 - 01/15/07 06:19 PM Re: just checking in... [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Hi copy. nice to 'see' you.
Why don't you invite your friend to join us here? You sound quite busy these days. Congratulations on your daughter's wedding. I hope her husband doesn't shipped off at all. I hope you hear from the school interview.
Keep in touch.

chick

#103226 - 01/15/07 08:04 PM Re: just checking in... [Re: chickadee]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Copygal,

Sounds like you are doing well. The temp agency sounds like a great way to get some experience and hopefully find a place that you'll love to work fulltime.

Congrats to your daughter. Where is your SIL in AL?

#103227 - 01/17/07 08:19 AM Re: just checking in... [Re: Jane_Carroll]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Hi Copygal, good hearing from you again. Glad you found a new friend and were able to help her. The rewards come back triple.

Poet and essayist

#103228 - 01/17/07 09:39 AM Re: just checking in... [Re: meredithbead]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Hi again copygal, it sounds like you've been leading a busy and exciting life. Glad you popped in to share. Congratulations on your new SIL.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#103229 - 01/17/07 03:19 PM Re: just checking in... [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Welcome back Copygal. It's always good to see you here. I think working at a temp is a great idea. It gives you the "inside scoop" on many companies and let's you see what you might like, or dislike, about them. Good for you!

#103230 - 01/17/07 03:56 PM Re: just checking in... [Re: jawjaw]
copygal Offline

Loc: Texas
Good Morning Ladies,
Thanks so much for all good wishes and encouragement. I so wish I could spend more time here at the forums, I love talking to everyone and finding out what everybody is up to. Too bad I can't make a living doing that. Now there's the perfect life-talking to you gals and crocheting!
Anyway, in answer to some of your questions:
Chickadee-the day I met this new friend, I gave her the link to the forums-I really felt that ya'll could help her through this time. She's been busy working on her house (she hates asking for help)and feels she must do everything her husband use to do. I told her to use the "galmi" system. "Get A Little Man In." Too, she's not online very much. But don't worry, I'll encourage her to join us, I know she'll enjoy it as much as I do.
Meredithbead: You're so right about the rewards. In trying to help her, she in turn helped me. We talk openly to each other about the pain, knowing the other will not be upset if we cry or whine. Friends and relatives try hard, but they don't understand what we're going through and they get tired of seeing us cry, so after awhile, we put that mask on and just tell them we're fine. With each other, the mask is unnecessary, and we can be ourselves.
Jane_Carroll:my SIL is currently at Ft. Rucker, Alabama. He'll be there until he finishes his schooling and they determine where he can best be used.
Queen JJ: That was my thought too. By working with a few companies, I can see whether I'd like to work full time for any of them. I'm a little worried that my age is going to keep me from some really good jobs. I read that Boomers are becoming more numerous. Any chance we'll be taking over soon?
Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for always being here. I'll say it again-you gals are the greatest! If there's anything I can do for any of you, don't hesitate to ask.

Life is what happens while you're making other plans.

#103231 - 01/24/07 07:28 PM Re: just checking in... [Re: copygal]
Cynthy Offline

Loc: California
Hello everyone! A special hi to Copy who led me to you all! Glad to hear of your opportunities. Speaking of which, I must be healing, doing much better as I applied for and have been promoted to Gift Shop Supervisor! There are 3 of us and the salary is a blessing that will enable me to stay in "our" home. Its a mixed feeling I have as I wish dear Dave was here to share. I feel his love, encouragement and support as sure as I feel all of you lifting me up too. It will be challenging work with different shifts, some ending as late as 1AM but my dependable Blazer will get me thru. I hope my peers support the promotion, I believe they will. I earned it and have the background....Thanks to you all, again, for your love and support. You were right, the New Year holds wonderful things! My prayers and yours are being answered. Cyber hugs to you all...Cynthia

#103232 - 01/25/07 02:52 AM Re: just checking in... [Re: Cynthy]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Cinthia, what wonderful and exciting news. God bless you and all that you do in the coming months. Your words sound so encouraging. Glad your back posting too.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved