The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 175 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#10276 - 10/11/03 04:14 PM Lil, Husband's wrist?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Lil,

I recall that your hubby was out with a broken wrist. Has that healed and is he back to work full time?

#10277 - 10/13/03 07:57 AM Re: Lil, Husband's wrist?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'm glad you asked! Well, the bone has healed completely according to the Xrays, but the doc hasn't cleared him to go back to work yet. Wants him to have physical therapy first, which only make s sense I guess. However, theyhaven't come through with the referral yet, which angers me, but that's what Monday Mornings are for -- lighting a fire under certain forgetful folk. Heh heh!

On the mother-in-law front, Sonia's doing fine. We couldn't find her the cigarette holder that the doctor told her to use (she hasn't got much hope of quitting smoking after 30-something years) so that she quits scalding her lips... I'm not kidding... so we bought some of those nice little mini cigars, ripped the plastic tip off of one, and that's what she uses until we can find her a real one! We have to wrap a little paper around the cigarette to make it fit, but if we do it right, no one can see that. Heh heh, Sonia said she doesn't mind smoking the little cigars, either! Good thing, because if we kept them in our our room, I'd be way too tempted to light up. I used to love those little flavored cigars. I've only been a reformed smoker for 2 years... sometimes I even dream about smoking!

Sonia's got an appointment with a referral doctor next month. Meanwhile, she needs cataract surgery as well. We're trying to find a good Medicaid doc whose staff won't treat her like a bag of garbage (I'm really, really good at chewing out office staff who act unprofessionally!). And I love it, too, being the "avenger" for this poor, vulnerable-looking little old lady. Sure shocks the crap out of them when Tigress Lil gets on the wire instead of meek little old Sonia. (She gets a kick out of listening to me do it, too.)

Love,
Lil

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved