The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#102746 - 01/13/07 04:07 PM Re: Heather [Re: celtic_flame]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I know this is probably no help but I worked with a woman who was shot three times by her husband. Twice in the head and once in the wrist. She survived. Yes, she has some disabilities but if you didn't know what happened, you wouldn't be able to guess. There is always hope--there is always prayer.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#102747 - 01/13/07 06:05 PM Re: Heather [Re: Dianne]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
JJ? Here's sending you a hug for this very trying time.

#102748 - 01/13/07 06:14 PM Re: Heather [Re: Edelweiss]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Hey girls...I've been MIA (missing in action) for a bit. Anyway, news so far is that Heather has no chin or jawbone. They will be building this from scratch. Can you even imagine? I know I cannot. However, there is so many wonderful people praying for her (including you all) and by the grace of God she will be healed.

My sister told me that yesterday she even managed to sit up in bed. Oh my. I just can't fathom the road ahead for her. She has youth and prayer on her side. I'd say that's a good combination. Wouldn't you?

I'll try to get more details as we go along. I was unable to go to the hospital yesterday as my grandbeauties have been sick again and of course, I had to be the martyr and go take care of them. I think their Mommy/Daddy are so thankful to have help and since both were running such high fevers, (105) I simply HAD to make sure they broke the fevers. Happy to say they did.

I'm home today so I hope I can go and visit Heather this afternoon. I'll report back either way because there are friends and love ones surrounding her constantly and we are in touch daily.

Thank you all for being so supportive of a total stranger. But then again, it's what you do as loving and kind people, and as my sister. I love you all dearly!

#102749 - 01/13/07 06:48 PM Re: Heather [Re: jawjaw]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Thanks for the update JJ.
No, I can't imagine the things you are telling us but I am praying like mad for her to recover and be able to be restored.
Glad to hear the babies fevers broke! 105 is high!

#102750 - 01/13/07 08:20 PM Re: Heather [Re: TVC15]
chickadee Offline

JJ, sorry to hear about the babies. Glad to hear you nursed them back to health.

Heather does have a long road ahead of her. Maybe we will be reading her book someday. Not the time to suggest that to her but if she's hospital bound for a long time, I'd bring it up. We will keep her in prayer.

Dianne,an aquaintance of mine was shot by her husband. He waited for her in the church parking lot. She said all the time they were married, he never laid a hand on her. Strange, huh?

chick

#102751 - 01/13/07 10:21 PM Re: Heather [Re: chickadee]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Chick, some of these guys (and women too) can't stand it when their partner leaves them. This is when a woman is at the greatest risk.

I hope Heather can get counseling because I'm sure she's going to have a severe case of PTSD to deal with on top of her physical recovery. Maybe you or your sister could contact a social worker within the hospital to get her started.

Bless her heart. How tragic but she's alive! Hallelujah...she's still alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#102752 - 01/13/07 10:44 PM Re: Heather [Re: Dianne]
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Oh my gracious, what a terrible thing. It is amazing what people do. Sounds like the fact that she is alive is already a miracle. I guess all we can do is pray for the miracle of a full recovery.

Having had PTSD myself I hope she not only gets talk therapy and/or medication, but also EMDR. It sounds hokey, but EMDR works. Prayer does too.

smile

#102753 - 01/15/07 02:09 AM Re: Heather [Re: smilinize]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Smile, I had EMDR also and there is nothing hokey about it. EMDR is a bona fide therapeutic tool based on scientific research of the brain and how it stores memories. Counselors have to go through a lot of training to be EMDR certified. JJ, I had no idea you were going through all of this PLUS your sick grandbeauties. OMG this is just too terrible about your friend Heather. Why couldn't he have just turned the bullet(s) onto himself and spared her misery? It's amazing that she is alive, but I am so sorry for all that she will be dealing with.

#102754 - 01/15/07 03:01 PM Re: Heather [Re: celtic_flame]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Update - Heather's surgery begins tomorrow. Her face is completely flat as she has no jawbone and no chin. She cannot talk, of course, and is being fed through a tube. But her attitude is one that is simply unbelievable. She is ready to fight and survive. She is grateful to be alive and wants everyone to know it. She said she was very sad that this young man shot and killed himself and prays for him. What a heart. My sister and I gave Heather one of my journals, "The Complete Writer's Journal" and she immediately started writing in it and told us that she planned to write in it every day. Bless her heart. It is her only way of communicating.

I'll post more as I have updates. Thank you all for keeping her in your prayers. The road is long, but our hearts and prayers are steady.

#102755 - 01/15/07 04:00 PM Re: Heather [Re: jawjaw]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Thanks for letting us know. What a spirit Heather has.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved