The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 108 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#102726 - 01/11/07 06:20 AM Heather
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
A young 34-year old friend of mine was shot TWICE in the face around 2 Wednesday morning by an ex-boyfriend. She stopped dating him about six months ago and had begun dating another young man. The jilted boyfriend lived in another state and had never been to her home. She lives in my hometown and works with my sister at the dentist office. A beautiful young woman, inside and out.

The ex-boyfriend called her two days ago and said another girlfriend had stopped seeing him and if Heather wouldn't see him, he was going to kill himself. She begged him to get help. He refused. He asked her where she lived, (she was living in a new place) and she refused to tell him. He got on MAPQUEST and found her home, went in and shot her once in the face...when she ran out into the parking lot, he followed and shot her again.

She had been on a cell phone to a girlfriend right before he arrived and saw him coming. She hide in her closet and whispered to the friend that she thought he meant to harm her. He broke into the apartment, and started searching for her, and she ran out of th closet. That's when he shot her the first time. Then again in the parking lot. When the cell lost the connection, the friend called her brother who was nearby and told him to get over there. He did and the police did as well. The gunman was crouching behind a car and when he saw them, he ran back into the apartment and killed himself.

Heather is fighting for her life and it is touch and go. While a machine is breathing for her now, there is hope. The doctors believe that there is NO brain damage and that she may even be able to see (one of the bullets went into her eye). However she is facing multiple surgeries, 3 or 4 at least. One shot when thru the bone between the eyes and the other one went through her neck and came out through her jaw, shattering it.

My sister told me that the doctors said they would have to literally disassemble her face and rebuild it.

I need your prayers for Heather. Any and all of them. She did not deserve this! You will not meet a kinder, more loving person.

Please join me in praying for Heather to recover. I know God is weeping tonight. I know I am too.

#102727 - 01/11/07 06:41 AM Re: Heather [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Oh my God, JJ. Please know that I'll pray for your friend Heather, and I'll light a candle for her. This is so shocking beyond words. To bad the x killed himself, he should have suffered a long time in prison, I mean suffered.

#102728 - 01/11/07 02:15 PM Re: Heather [Re: Edelweiss]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Oh no, how horrifying. We hear about these things, but when it happens to someone you know it's even worse. We are with her, JJ, everyone of us!

#102729 - 01/11/07 03:34 PM Re: Heather [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Although we've already talked about this I want you to know I'm still praying.

Sounds like this guy had some very serious mental health issues and went off the deep end. How awful that he had to try and take her down with him.

Know that I'm sending love her way and will continue to.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#102730 - 01/11/07 03:45 PM Re: Heather [Re: Dianne]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I am so, so, so very sorry to hear this, JJ. Heather will, of course, be in my prayers and my heart. Please let us know how she is doing. This breaks my heart and please, know, that I am sending so much positive energy her way.

#102731 - 01/11/07 05:23 PM Re: Heather [Re: Anno]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I don't even know what to say about this.
It's horrifying.
My prayers are with that young woman and her family.

#102732 - 01/11/07 08:17 PM Re: Heather [Re: TVC15]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
This is such a tragic thing to happen to your friend, JJ. Heather will surely be in my prayers.

#102733 - 01/11/07 08:59 PM Re: Heather [Re: Lola]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

No word yet today. My sister is staying around the clock at the hospital and she's going to let me know. They have to wait until some of the swelling goes down in her face before they can make the long-range forecast for her operations. At least she is still alive, and with hope.

Thank you all so much...from our lips to God's ears. Surely.

JJ

#102734 - 01/11/07 09:23 PM Re: Heather [Re: jawjaw]
chickadee Offline

JJ, I was reading about this in the Times Daily. What a horrible thing to have happened to Heather. I am saying prayers for her.

chick

#102735 - 01/11/07 09:39 PM Re: Heather [Re: chickadee]
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
My prayers as well for Heather and everyone involved.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved