The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 164 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#102646 - 01/10/07 07:45 PM For our sisters....
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
You may have seen this before, but I thought it was worth posting anyway...

A young wife sat on a sofa on a hot humid day, drinking iced tea and visiting with her Mother. As they talked about life, about marriage, about the responsibilities of life and the obligations of adulthood, the mother clinked the ice cubes in her glass thoughtfully and turned a clear, sober glance upon her daughter. Don't forget your Sisters," she advised, swirling the tea leaves. They'll be more important as you get older. No matter how much you love your husband, no matter how much you love the children you may have, you are still going to need Sisters. Remember to go places with them now and then; do things with them.

"Remember that 'Sisters' means ALL the women... your girlfriends, your daughters, and all your other women
relatives too. You'll need other women. Women always do." What a funny piece of advice!" The young woman thought. Haven't I just gotten married? Haven't I just joined the couple-world? I'm now a married woman, for goodness sake! A grownup! Surely my husband and the family we may start will
be all I need to make my life worthwhile!' But she listened to her Mother.

She kept contact with her sisters and made more women friends each year. As the years tumbled by, one after another, she gradually came to understand that her Mom really knew what she was talking about. As time and nature
work their changes and their mysteries upon a woman, Sisters are the mainstays of her life. After more than 50 years of living in this world, here is what I've learned:
THIS SAYS IT ALL:

Time passes.
Life happens.
Distance separates.
Children grow up.
Jobs come and go.
Love waxes and wanes.
Men don't do what they're supposed to do.
Hearts break.
Parents die.
Colleagues forget favors.
Careers end.
BUT.........

Sisters are there, no matter how much time and how many miles are between you. A girlfriend is never farther away than needing her can reach. When you have to walk that lonesome valley and you have to walk it by yourself, the women in your life will be on the valley's rim, cheering you on, praying for you, pulling for you, intervening on your behalf, and waiting with open arms at the valley's end. Sometimes, they will even break the rules and walk
beside you...Or come in and carry you out. Girlfriends, daughters, granddaughters, daughters-in-law, sisters, sisters-in-law, Mothers, Grandmothers, aunties, nieces, cousins, and extended family, all bless our life! The world wouldn't be the same without women, and neither would I.

When we began this adventure called womanhood, we had no idea of the incredible joys or sorrows that lay ahead. Nor did we know how much we would need each other. Every day, we need each other still. Pass this on to all the women who help make your life meaningful. I just did.

#102647 - 01/10/07 08:37 PM Re: For our sisters.... [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Kathy....just exactly what I needed to see in the forums this eve. I was sitting today feeling awfully miserable ..wanting to post...but what, where and why??? I am getting a tad stressed and peeps are not doing what they said they would...yada yada.
I was also thinking about a post I had done a while back about irritablity...you were the first to respond and you made me laugh....and reminded me to lighten up. So in my quiet time this evening I started to count my blessings. Celtic pointed out that we got a wee mention in your feature on JJ's homepage..you are a gem indeed. I am sending your post to quite a few lasses who are to be greatly appreciated in my life today. My life is truley blessed

You look fab girl in the photo.

Popea
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#102648 - 01/10/07 10:13 PM Re: For our sisters.... [Re: Poppie]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
This is so true. Ironically, I received a phone call from a friend I haven't talked to in four years! We're getting together. It was such a blessing to hear her voice.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#102649 - 01/10/07 10:25 PM Re: For our sisters.... [Re: Dianne]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Kathy, this was an inspiration to me today. I am so happy for all of my sisters - my real sister, my girlfriends here at home, new friends, and those friends, like you, that I may never meet in person, but still so very important to me. Thanks for this. All of my friends will receive a very special email tonight.

#102650 - 01/11/07 06:04 PM Re: For our sisters.... [Re: Anno]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Kathy, this post touched my heart more than you can imagine.

As Popea said, there are other people (peeps) in our lives that may disappoint us.

But real women friends, the real ones, feel with you and are there for you. Over the years I've learned to drop friends that have dropped me. I was always the one to chase after them, but either they are just too far away, too busy, or just not interested any moreā€¦I don't know. I never could understand it, because I'm not that way. When I joined this site, I mentioned that I have no close girlfriends. By God, I used to. I guess people change, and don't hang on to their "old" friends anymore; at least not the friends I had, want to do that.

This is why I just can't cut down coming to this site. You girls are truly my dear friends. Oh yes, Hubby and I have lots of acquaintances. You know, couple friends, that come over to play cards or barbeque. But there is a distance there, and I've never confided in any of those ladies like I do here. You just can tell that they are only interested in keeping it casual.

Just got to say, I have no secrets from my brother either. That's why I can understand what Eagle Heart is doing for her brother. I'd do the same thing.

Popea, do you still have the blues? You know you can share with us.

Thanks so much for posting this Kathy.

#102651 - 01/11/07 11:20 PM Re: For our sisters.... [Re: Edelweiss]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Oh, so true! I have a girlfriend I've known for 40 years. We lost touch for about 10 and now we're back. Picked up like nothing changed. The best!
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#102652 - 01/12/07 05:00 AM Re: For our sisters.... [Re: Saundra]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
I got this email that I posted here from my bestest friend Heidi, whom I've know since we were four years old. (I'll be 49 soon) Love those kinds of friendships - we're so lucky!

#102653 - 01/12/07 05:25 PM Re: For our sisters.... [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
This is great Kathy.
Thanks for sharing it with us!

#102654 - 01/13/07 01:06 AM Re: For our sisters.... [Re: TVC15]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I just emailed a very old friend after reading this. We were such good friends and lost contact. A few years ago, she found me and emailed me. We started emailing again and were going to get together, but she moved out of state. Then she changed her email address and when I wrote it came back. I just used the one I had last and sent one. I hope it is the right one and it goes through. I'll let you know.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved