The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 177 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#10259 - 08/06/03 06:14 PM Gera, how are you?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
When you are able, let us know how you are doing. You are in my thoughts and prayers girl!

#10260 - 08/06/03 06:48 PM Re: Gera, how are you?
Sandy Offline

Loc: Colorado
Might I ask what is wrong? Is someone sick? [Confused]
Sandy

#10261 - 08/09/03 07:51 AM Re: Gera, how are you?
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
She was having a hysterectomy and we were all just wondering how she is feeling.

#10262 - 08/10/03 04:00 AM Re: Gera, how are you?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
[Frown] Gera,
It's blue without you! God's speed on your recovery!

#10263 - 08/14/03 06:39 PM Re: Gera, how are you?
Gera Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Hey all,

Sorry I took so long getting back on board. It has been tough. The pain has been pretty bad and I have been sleeping a lot.

My computer also failed. The worm thing. [Eek!]

I had a few difficult days. One really bad night. I guess I shouldn't complain it could have been much worse.

I could not believe how I was treated in the hospital. I went in for surgery on Friday. Sunday morning I called my husband and told him "come and get me out of here"!!!

I don't understand aren't the nurses there to help you? It seemed it was a bother for them to help. At one point, I had a nurse say "now what" when I buzzed for help to the bathroom. If it wasn't for the nurse I had Saturday night, (God Bless Her) I think I would have lost my mind.

I believe if you feed your body well it will heal. The human body is an amazing thing. How is your body supposed to heal with the crap they feed you? I had my husband bring me things from home. I could not eat or drink anything from there.

The floor I was on was very dirty and smelled of urine. The shower had some kind of mold all over the walls and floor. I was so grossed out. I just wanted to go home. This is not how I expected my hospital stay to be.

It is so nice to be home. [Big Grin]

Tomorrow I go to get these $%#* staples out. They are the main problem right now. Everytime I move I see stars.

Well ladies thanks for caring. I need to lay down for awhile. Be in touch soon.

Dotsie, I will get that address to you.

#10264 - 08/15/03 07:17 AM Re: Gera, how are you?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Yeah! Gera's back!

Girl your experience sounded awful. I am so sorry you were treated badly. There is no excuse for their behavior.

I know some wonderful nurses and it seems that ones like you had, give the rest of the "good" angels bad reps.

Anyhoo...the important thing is that you get well. We are all rooting for you girl. God's speed!

#10265 - 08/15/03 04:26 AM Re: Gera, how are you?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Gera, welcome back! Missed you while you were gone.

Glad to hear it's behind you and you are ont he mend at HOME!

I am running short on time because my son leaves tomorrow for college, but when I have time I will share a funny (sad) story aabout my last stay in the hospital.

Please listen to the doctor and lay low taking care of yourself. Perhaps if it is a nice day you can languish in your gardens!

[Razz]

#10266 - 08/17/03 07:18 AM Re: Gera, how are you?
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
Gera, welcome back and I am glad to hear that you are at home. I am so sorry to hear about your hospital experience. It is amzing to me how people who have no real desire to help others end up in professions like nursing or day care. It definitely gives a bad rap to those who do really care. Between my grandmas and other people, I have so many crazy stories of bad care, but nothing like you had. The worst that happened to me was when the nurse came in and accidently got caught on my iv and ripped it out of my arm. That woke me up.

Anyway, I hope you will take it easy because you need to and there is no point in pushing yourself and possibly ending up back in that hospital.

#10267 - 08/18/03 10:33 PM Re: Gera, how are you?
Gera Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Hello all,

Again thanks for the kind words and support.

It seems a lot of people I've been talking to have had incidents in the hospital they would rather forget. I had no idea things could be so bad. It's been along time since I have been in a hospital. Not since the birth of my kids and that was wonderful!! Is this what healthcare has come to? It's scary. I know that there are very good, caring nurses out there. We just need more of them. [Big Grin]

Anyway, I am taking it easy . One day at a time. I feel I am getting stronger everyday.

JawJaw, I haven't even looked at the broom [Wink]

#10268 - 08/20/03 08:47 PM Re: Gera, how are you?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Gera, good for you for not looking at the broom!

About a year ago I was in to have a parotid tumor removed from the side of my face. The incinsion begins at the front, top of my ear and goes down, around, up and out into my scalp(a few inches all together).

Anyway,the night nurse comes in and asks what I am there for. I thought that was odd ( shouldn't she have read my chart?). Anyway, I was a little groggy from the anesthesia so my husband replied that I had a parotid tumor removed.

Next, she proceeds to lift the covers from around my neck and look down at my chest, then lifted the covers higher to see the abdonimal area. I'm thinking, what the heck is she doing? My husband looked confused and so did she. [Eek!]

Hubby then proceeded to tell her that the surgery was on my face. [Roll Eyes]

She then covered me back up and looked at the incision which was staring her in the face the whole time! [Big Grin]

OOPS, where is that parotid gland again?

The night wore on and got worse as she proceeded to show her ignorance with every trip in the room. I was so grateful my husband decided to spend the night.

She complained the night away about not enough help, too many patients, checking in my room mate in the middle of the night, blah, blah, blah.

The saving grace came with the morning nurse who was the kindest person you would ever want to meet! [Big Grin]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved