The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 115 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#10248 - 06/01/03 06:28 PM Anger and Health
caloona Offline

Loc: baltimore
I was just looking at Dr. Phil's website and read something very surprising.He said that when we get angry we can trigger chemical reactions in the body that make us more"susceptible to ulcers,multiple sclerosis,lupus,arthritis".Those last few got me,I didn't know.He said use this knowledge as a motivation to stay calm in this frequently overwhelming life. Interesting when put that way.

#10249 - 06/04/03 04:51 AM Re: Anger and Health
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
not to mention high blood pressure, headaches, and the such !!!

take note the next time you get upset -- think about how you felt before and how you are feeling during the time you are having that crisis -- it won't take you very long to realize that you felt ALOT better before the crisis -- so it would just make sense that your body is having all sorts of reactions too. When your body goes into crisis -- it's because your BRAIN has gone into crisis -- and there's no way you are handling the situation in a calm manner when you're brain has sprung a leak [Smile]

so bottom line is -- take a chill pill [Smile]

there truly is something to the "count to 10 before you react" concept --

make sure it's worth risking your health before blowing a fuse over a situation in your life and you'll do your body proud [Smile]

#10250 - 06/05/03 03:37 AM Re: Anger and Health
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Being angry is just like having a "foreign substance" in your body. Your body reacts by trying to eliminate it and protecting itself.

Being angry threatens your immune system and that in turn opens you up to all kinds of attacks on your body. It's hard for your white cell count to stay high when it's being attacked.

Stay calm, let the small crap go. One good test I always use during a tense situation is to ask myself "Is anyone going to die if I don't deal with this immediately?" or "Will my input matter in 50 years?"

Take it easy on yourself. Don't get upset because the newspaper ended up in the ditch again. Don't burst a blood vessel on the ride home. Relax and enjoy the ride. Count your blessings instead. Be thankful you have a car to drive home in. Be thankful you have a job to go to every day. Be thankful you have a home to go to after work. And, most of all, be thankful that you're alive and healthy to enjoy the time off when you're not working!

Peace & Hugs,

[ June 04, 2003, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: Vicki M. Taylor ]

#10251 - 06/17/03 02:46 PM Re: Anger and Health
Kathryn Offline

Loc: Towson
I am a walking case study in what anger and anxiety can do to a body. I currently have an ulcerated esophagus from stress induced reflux.
I have a permanent case of the shakes, my heart rate is accelerated, I hyper-ventilate. I have long dealt with anger issues and had, through the grace of God, been healed of the anger tumor as I used to refer to it. Then along came personal crisis and I have been so victimized by my spouse and his family that I found myself getting angry again. So I did the palms up - palms down exercise. Palms down, release your fears, angers, hurts and frustrations to God. Palms up to receive God's blessings and direction for dealing with your crisis. Today for the first time in 3 months, I am not angry, I am not grief stricken and I am not paralyzed by fear. God has given me grace sufficient for this moment. Anger is a poison that can only destroy from the inside out. God's grace is an antidote.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved