The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 142 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#102449 - 01/10/07 12:10 AM Tea Stain in Carpet Woes
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Help Please!!! I spilled a glass of tea (southern size...extra large) on my cream colored carpet upstairs ...I tried blotting it and used a carpet spot remover but there's still a strain...can anyone give me advice short of ripping out the entire upstairs carpet and replacing it? (For the record I would have never put in a cream colored carpet...it came with the house). Yikes.

#102450 - 01/10/07 12:34 AM Re: Tea Stain in Carpet Woes [Re: Dee]
chickadee Offline

http://www.mrscleannw.com/tips/remove-tea-stains.html
try this...it says beer? and or salt.

Act quickly they say.

Hope you get it out
chick

#102451 - 01/10/07 04:25 AM Re: Tea Stain in Carpet Woes [Re: chickadee]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
If you've already blotted it, I'm not sure the salt solution will work. I hadn't ever heard of that, and then red wine got spilled on my cream carpet at bunko one night.

One of the girls grabbed my big salt container from the pantry and smothered the big red spot in tons of salt. We let it absorb, then vacuumed it up. It was very faded. After that, we were able to use regular blotting and carpet cleaner to get it the rest of the way out. You can't see it any more, but you can kind of feel a rough spot in the carpet.

Good luck! I will never have cream carpet again - what was I thinking?? Kids, dogs, bunko...

#102452 - 01/10/07 04:53 AM Re: Tea Stain in Carpet Woes [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
chickadee Offline

RnJ, I spilled red wine on a white cardigan on an airplane one time and I asked the stewardess to bring me a glass of white right away. I ran to the lavatory and poured it over the red and it came out. I read it somewhere that white wine removes red. Came in handy that day.
Dee, any luck?
chick

#102453 - 01/10/07 05:07 AM Re: Tea Stain in Carpet Woes [Re: chickadee]
Dee Offline

I purchased a product at the store that's supposed to be good for removing stains...I'm working on it as I type...it's soaking...now in a few minutes I need to blot and blot and blot and good grief!!!! Where's that bag of cookies????

#102454 - 01/10/07 05:13 AM Re: Tea Stain in Carpet Woes [Re: Dee]
Dee Offline

Here's a story for ya...I'd purchased a hunter green carpet for my back den...it was beautiful. To bright up the room I decided to paint over the dark beadboard ceiling with white paint...I'd covered all of the floor with drop cloths except for one area which was out of the way from where I was painting...I put the gallon of paint on a table which wouldn't you know...I bumped and the gallon of paint went flying...AND where did most of the paint land???? Right to the spot I hadn't covered...I freaked out...after I came to that is. When I saw the white paint on my new hunter green carpet I lost consciousness. (Just kidding) Thank goodness the paint wasn't oil based. Several hundred towels later and a ton of buckets and water I managed to soak up 99.9 percent of the paint. It took me a long time but I did it. Actually, this tea stain is being more difficult. Go figure.

#102455 - 01/10/07 05:20 AM Re: Tea Stain in Carpet Woes [Re: Dee]
Dee Offline

Thanks Cathy and Chickadee (love your icon)...so far so good with the woolite stuff. We'll see tomorrow...if that doesn't do it I'll try the beer and salt.

#102456 - 01/10/07 05:06 PM Re: Tea Stain in Carpet Woes [Re: Dee]
Dee Offline

The Woolite cleaner worked...thank goodness. Thanks for everyone's inputs and I've favorited the link to stains removal for future spills...knowing me I'll need it.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved