The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 175 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#102412 - 01/26/07 12:59 AM Re: Lynn gets RE license [Re: chickadee]
Happy Birthday Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi girlfriends, I miss you! I am still studying. But I thought I'd quickly share my first "interview" experience with you. More to follow when I can, PLI've got to get into the "game" again re: corporate world. I had an interview yesterday with a managing broker guy aged about 35, if that. I felt old and obsolete, and I did not sell myself well. I'm a touchy-feely warm fuzzy intuitive kind of girl and he was a data driven kind of guy. This $10 million producing (individual sales!) power broker asked me for my "business plan." What? My plan is to help people get into their dream houses one sale at a time. Or get out of their old houses one listing at a time. I did it before, when I was young and stupid, so I can do it again, and this time with the wisdom of "maturity" to guide me. He asked me what distinguishes me from the 3,800 other realtors in the Pikes Peak region. Hey, if I can survive all that I did, I can survive in the competition of real estate. After all, it isn't chemo-therapy!
Then, to make myself look really stupid, when the interview was over, I lost my car keys. It was dusk. I got to my car, couldn't find my keys, and dumped my entire purse on the front of my car. There I am searching through my wallet, tissues, lipstick, etc. thinking, "I hope this youngster doesn't see me and realize what an idiot I am!" Sure enough, he comes out, sees me, then asks if he could help. Oh well, I'm always good for showing that I'm only human! But I do have to get into the corporate mind set (and wardrobe) again.

#102413 - 01/26/07 11:45 PM Re: Lynn gets RE license [Re: Princess Lenora]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Lynn, it sounds like the perfect interview and a very good story! I hope this guy is smart enough to hire you.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#102414 - 01/27/07 02:32 AM Re: Lynn gets RE license [Re: Princess Lenora]
Phyllis0618 Offline

Loc: Oakland County, Michigan
Congratulations. It takes a special person to do what you do. Only a special person is going to sell homes with a feeling that the buyers will be looking for.

#102415 - 01/30/07 06:37 PM Re: Lynn gets RE license [Re: Bluebird]
katebcca Offline

Loc: Victoria BC Canada
This is interesting as I was just going to post to see if anyone is a real estate agent. I talked my Mom into getting her license when she was 65 and she did it. I should have talked myself into it back then. Now I'm going for it, a 50th birthday present to myself. I have been working in sales for over 20 years but work in an office by myself and am getting really burnt out. I sell advertising and am constantly bugging people. It's not easy. I know there are draw backs to every job but it will be nice to be with people who actually want to buy something, instead of having to talk people into something that they may or may not want.
I love houses and am always watching the real estate shows.
I plan to keep my job while getting my license which I can get by correspondence. I hope to start off slow, get my feet wet before taking the full time plunge. I can't quit my job as I have no other income and three kids to support. I think it's time though as my youngest two are teenagers.
Would love to hear how it's going for others.
Kate

#102416 - 02/02/07 09:01 PM Re: Lynn gets RE license [Re: katebcca]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Kate I've been selling real estate now for 15 years. I think that's very wise to keep your present job, and do real estate on the side. It's a 'when it rains, it pours business, and when it's slow 'it's really slow'….so it's good to have that steady income in the background. But there is a lot of money in it…Good luck in your new endeavour!

#102417 - 02/08/07 08:06 PM Re: Lynn gets RE license [Re: Edelweiss]
Happy Birthday Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Kate, how is it going for you? How does your mother like RE? I'm finding that there are a lot of costs involved in getting started, more than when I was a realtor in Arizona 20 years ago. I PASSED the state exame! Yeah! Now I am looking for an agency that I want to be involved with. Nothing is harder than selling my book about child sexual abuse and domestic violence, so I ought to do OK with selling houses! Hannelore, I don't know how it would be to do RE in another country with another language.

#102418 - 02/08/07 08:12 PM Re: Lynn gets RE license [Re: Princess Lenora]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Congratulations Princess Lenora! I know that exam isn't easy. Go girl!

#102419 - 02/08/07 09:04 PM Re: Lynn gets RE license [Re: Edelweiss]
katebcca Offline

Loc: Victoria BC Canada
Hi Lynn,
I just started. I am doing mine by coorespondence. My Mom is not in real estate anymore, she is 80. She moved out west to be close to me and should have continued but she had to get her BC licence and didn't want to go through the test again. If she knew then that she could have done it by coorespondence she would have done that, but did not know at the time. It does cost quite a bit other than the licence part. There are fees for belonging to boards, desk fees, advertising. I plan to take it slow and find an office with the lowest fees. My boyfriend works for Remax but he has been in it for a long time and gets a high commission rate. He advised me to go to a smaller office first until I get established.
Kate

#102420 - 02/08/07 09:28 PM Re: Lynn gets RE license [Re: katebcca]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Lynn, congrats. Are you having fun reinventing yourself?

Kate, how's it going?

#102421 - 02/08/07 11:45 PM Re: Lynn gets RE license
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Lynn, I'm so happy for you...knew you could do it! Have fun and sell, sell, sell!

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved