The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 126 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#10197 - 01/28/03 05:20 PM Scoliosis
Kathryn Offline

Loc: Towson
My 13 yr old son had a scoliosis screening at school recently. The nurse called and said she believed he had scoliosis and said I should see our DR. i was sure the doctor would say, oh they are seldom accurate with these school screenings. And in fact he did sort of grimace when I told him. But when he did his own examination, he concurred and has referred us for scoliosis xrays. Now I'm a little beyond wigged out! I remember when we were kids, those poor girls who had to wear those contraptions for years. I know things have changed but I'm imagining the worst. So, I know one of you can give me the scoop! Help, please?

#10198 - 01/28/03 11:35 PM Re: Scoliosis
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
My son had to go to his pediatrician after the school screening too. However, she felt like it was unwarranted.

My daughter has a friend who has the brace in her overnight bag every time she comes here. I've never seen it on her!

I also have a friend whose daughter had to have surgery...not to scare you, her's was very obvious. So, if you want the name of a couple doctors in the Baltimore area just let me know and I will email them to you.

I added your son to my prayer list.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved