The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 142 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#101815 - 01/05/07 08:12 AM Banner Day for Women.
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Today Nancy Pelosi, wife and mother was sworn in as the first FEMALE (and a Boomer) "Speaker of the House." Hoorah, she is now 2nd in line to having the Presidents ear, right behind the Vice President. Ladies we have arrived, so to speak...

Edited by chatty lady (01/05/07 08:14 AM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#101816 - 01/05/07 11:35 AM Re: Banner Day for Women. [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
She is from Baltimore and will be here today in Little Italy for a major celebration.

#101817 - 01/05/07 06:55 PM Re: Banner Day for Women.
Jeannine Offline

Loc: Georgia, U.S.
I experienced a feeling of 'well done!' and not a small amount of pride, when I learned of Nancy Pelosi's landmark appointment. We Boomer Women are seeing change such that our mothers and grandmothers could have merely imagined! It is so about time!

[i]'It's never too late in Fiction-- or in Life to Revise.'
---Nancy Thayer

#101818 - 01/05/07 07:04 PM Re: Banner Day for Women. [Re: Jeannine]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Finally! Finally! All they ask me here is WHEN? Now I can reply that we're not quite there but we're definitely on our way.

#101819 - 01/05/07 08:05 PM Re: Banner Day for Women. [Re: Lola]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Thanks for posting this Chatty. I missed this in the news.

I don't know if you ladies know, but the Germans voted a female Chancellor, for the first time in German history. (It's the same thing as a President, just another word).
Although I don't agree with all of Chancellor Merkel's views, I admire her deeply. She's broken the ice for many other female politicians to follow. She holds her stand in the overpowering male politics, without loosing her feminine charms. It's like walking a tightrope for these women at the top. They have to keep proving themselves to others; balancing ' being tough' with 'their tactful feminine insight'.

#101820 - 01/05/07 08:14 PM Re: Banner Day for Women. [Re: Edelweiss]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Ladies, we have arrived!!!!!
And it's about time.

#101821 - 01/06/07 12:37 AM Re: Banner Day for Women. [Re: TVC15]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I watched this last night on the news and knew I was seeing history made in the U.S. Other countries are way ahead of us. Bout time we made it!
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#101822 - 01/06/07 12:45 AM Re: Banner Day for Women. [Re: Saundra]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I am imagining how many of our founding fathers rolled over in their graves yesterday?

Congratulations, finally. We have come a long way, baby.

#101823 - 01/06/07 09:48 PM Re: Banner Day for Women. [Re: Anno]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
Anno
yea but hopefully their (founding) wives nudjed them back again so they cough and correct themself's, politically.
just a wee joke political correcting themselves hehehe

seriously this is exilent news, just exilent....yea hannilore when you think what a tightrope thes ladies walk....and the nature of the work gets them critisised for being to tough but the pendulum swings back then the same peps are critisising them for being to feminine.

Thature didn't have the best polices all the time over heer (but then again whoever dose 100%) but yet just her election made such a diffrence in the UK for women and politices.

well this news is new to me and it making me smile

celtic_flame

#101824 - 01/17/07 07:21 AM Re: Banner Day for Women. [Re: celtic_flame]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I hope she puts more effort into doing things for the country (as well as having others do the same) than creating whoopla about being the first female speaker. Most politically conscious, men and women alike, will be scrutinizing her words and deeds - Hillary probably more than others.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved