The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 163 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#10171 - 06/11/06 10:51 AM Beloved Aquatic Dream
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Last night my dreams were just too vivid. I'd long divorced my beloved husband. Well, for what ever reason(s), he was in this weird dream that my mind decided to entertain. I dreamed that we made mad passionate love. For some reason or another, I couldn't shake the memories of this dream so I discussed it with a friend.

She scared the mess out of me. She said some even more weird stuff like 'that means death' when one dreams of sex with an ex. Well, since I dont believe in that, I excused that theory.

But, what could that mean? The dream was too vivid? This man was horrible to me. I divorced him and loved every moment of doing so. When I counsel with women on their own abuse, I refer to my abusive experiences with him and how I overcame it.

Am I that lonely that I dream of a man, any man..even one that abused me? Does this make me vulnerable enough to open myself back up to this just to have a relationship? This scares me.

#10172 - 06/11/06 09:08 PM Re: Beloved Aquatic Dream
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Sugaree, I don't think every dream has a meaning. I've dreamed of my x before and now I find him rather disgusting.

I think if we single women are honest, there is a longing deep inside us for a male companion/lover/friend/husband that was put there by God. I'm able to support myself, lay my own wood floor, cut down a tree with a chain saw (did that last week), but I still have that lonely feeling sometimes.

Now I have an extreme lonely feeling because I was reminded of how wonderful it is to have a man in my life. It had been a while since I allowed anyone into my heart. I will never allow anyone to mistreat me and I'm sure you wouldn't either.

Daisygirl

#10173 - 06/11/06 09:44 PM Re: Beloved Aquatic Dream
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I've dreamed about my abusive ex many times. I would say that since it was about sex and not abuse, it shows you've moved on beyond the hate and bad feelings. I'd take it as a good sign, not bad.

#10174 - 06/12/06 03:27 AM Re: Beloved Aquatic Dream
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I have dreamt of my 1st ex husband, #2 after he passed away and they were mostly good dreams but have never dreamt of #3 the jerk, possibly because he's still among the living and still an irritant to me. Sometimes Sugar, a dream is just a dream with no underlying meanings what-so-ever.

#10175 - 06/13/06 06:58 AM Re: Beloved Aquatic Dream
Dotsie Offline
Founder

LOL. All of these responses makes sense to me. My thinking that it meant something must have been a small PTSD attack. I'll try to keep that fact in mind that these dreams don't have to have a meaning. Maybe it just fulfilled a quick need?? Oops, can I say that?

Chatty, you're nuts! I laughed a while when you you said that you didn't dream about #3. It was as if I could hear your voice and see your facial reactions.

P.S. It probably doesnt help that I have a huge 36' x 28 size picture of him hangin' round in my puter room. He was the last face I saw before heading to bed that night atopped with what probably also went thru my head; the bed will be null of all gratification (heehee). So, his spirit must have been a lurking opportunist and he got me one last time.

#10176 - 06/13/06 06:29 PM Re: Beloved Aquatic Dream
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Sug...I think we try to put more into our dreams than are really there when it boils down to what went on during the day. Could be a conversation, movie, etc. You're entitled to some weird dreams. Girl, you even earned them! [Big Grin]

#10177 - 06/13/06 09:50 PM Re: Beloved Aquatic Dream
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Dianne, good point. I know when I have some really strange dreams, I try to think of what happened that day, who I saw, what I was thinking about - and the dream nearly always turns out to be a hodgepodge of those events tossed together with some sort of oddity thrown in.

The only exception to that is when I have a big event or activity coming up. About a week before, I dream all night about how everything goes wrong with that event - and when I wake up, I'm exhausted as if I've been working all day. Fortunately, then I am REALLY prepared for anything and the event goes off wonderfully!

Kathy

#10178 - 06/14/06 02:12 AM Re: Beloved Aquatic Dream
bamgibbs Offline

Loc: Durham, NC
Lord, if I dreamed about my ex husband I might as well die in my sleep because i surely wouldn't want to wake up from that NIGHTMARE!!!

#10180 - 06/15/06 02:19 AM Re: Beloved Aquatic Dream
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
I think a 'puter room might be short for computer room - maybe?

#10181 - 06/15/06 02:49 AM Re: Beloved Aquatic Dream
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Yes. It's short for computer room. Just too lazy to write it out. Sorry to have confused you but it sure was funny to visualize you thinking that I have a special room to 'poot' in. LOL.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved