The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 156 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#10167 - 06/29/06 02:54 AM Re: Feeling dried up and empty...
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
We should never be attached to our suffering, but offer it up, which means releasing it to have something good come from it. Suffering can't be in vain, or we have no hope.
We all seem to want control, but seems like the more we want, the more it slips through our feeble fingers. We're all still learning - we truly are works in progress.
Thanks for everyone's wisdom.

#10168 - 06/29/06 07:58 AM Re: Feeling dried up and empty...
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Foundhervoice, first of all, I love your user name. It speaks in volumes beyond what you're feeling like right now. As you've probably heard, the pain of divorce is comparable to that of the death of a loved one. I say, since I've experienced both, that the pain from divorce is worse. I say that because at least with a death, you know the rejection is not yours to own; it's simply what we will all do.
What finally helped me through those times was throwing myself into scandalous books! In a way, it was like hiding from my pain...escaping, but why not? The creators of those scandalous stories must have felt some of the same pain and creatively displayed it for some hurt soul to lose themselves in.
If you want some titles, let me know. I still remember them even though it's been many years gone by. However, I still recall the pain and even laughed once I realized who pained me. In his mindset, he too was not worthy of that type of control of my emotions.

You will heal. Prayers to you.

Sugeree

#10169 - 12/12/06 06:35 PM Re: Feeling dried up and empty... [Re: Daisygirl]
bamgibbs Offline

Loc: Durham, NC
I was where you were at one time in my life. The pain from divorce is inevitable but as the Word says, "this, too, shall pass" I spent way too much time and energy questioning all that he had done wrong to make the marriage fail--when I should've been focusing on me.

When I took a long hard look at me, God revealed things that weren't necessarily pretty but it allowed me to heal. I'm happy to say I'm now re-married again to a wonderful man--and it was all God's doing because he weeded out the garbage in my life and molded me to be the kind of woman a good man deserves.

These days i tell young women: Be careful what you pray for because you can do bad all by yourself!

At least your ex calls about the kids. My ex runs around town like he doesn't have a child and owes more than $50,000 in child support.

Peace & Blessings,
Beverly Mahone
Author, Whatever! A Baby Boomer's Journey Into Middle Age
Purchase your copy of “Hope for the Holidays” at http://www.talk2bev.com/holiday.htm

“I’m not a writer because I wrote a book. I wrote a book because I was inspired by God.”

#10170 - 12/13/06 02:39 AM Re: Feeling dried up and empty... [Re: bamgibbs]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Beverly, just so you know, this post is from June. Thought you should know in case no one responds.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved