The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 134 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 14 of 16 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 >
Topic Options
#101259 - 04/06/07 06:49 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Anno]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Have fun walking with your sis by the lake. It sounds marvelous!

I did a 50 minute walk with a neighbor this morning, very early. We walk through the sunset. We begin in the dark and by the time we're finished, it's a new day.

My only problem is that I feel ravished by lunch. Does exercise make everyone else more hungry, or is this just something I tell myself?

#101260 - 04/07/07 01:14 AM Re: Let's Walk Daily
ktri Offline

Ah, back to winter, here. 30 degrees with minus one wind chill. Had to break out the winter coat, gloves and hat again the last three days, but this has to be the end of it, right? Maybe?.....Hopefully?...

#101261 - 04/07/07 01:25 AM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: ktri]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Does exercise make me hungry, Dotsie? Lifting my pinky makes me hungry.

Picture this: Driving home last night and other half says, "I wish that we get to see snow once more this year." Less than 10 minutes later? You guessed it! It snowed.

I said, "Look, the next time you want a wish granted, how about the lottery?" Gawd, what a waste of a perfectly good wish.

#101262 - 04/07/07 12:30 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: chickadee]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Can he grant some wishes for all of us?

We also had a dusting this morning. If we were preparing for Christmas instead of Easter, I'd be excited, but this is crazy. Maybe we could have a snowball hunt tomorrow...

#101263 - 04/07/07 12:55 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
The weather is clearing, less rain, no snow for a few days now, but it is still bone chilling cold outside. It is going to be a very cold Easter everywhere, I understand.

I had a great walk with my sis yesterday, but it was cold! We bundled up like winter once again. She will be moving (temorary? Permanently?) to London at the end of April, so it was probably one of the last walks we will have together for a while. It was a bittersweet walk.

#101264 - 04/10/07 06:23 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Anno]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I have not walked at all this week. I am rebelling against the cold weather, which I know is only hurting me! I am SO SICK of the cold and clouds. Maybe I should put this inthe Whine forum.

#101265 - 04/13/07 02:25 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily
homebusiness Offline

Loc: NY, USA
I am a walker. I only walk outside when the weather is decent. Now I live in New York (not NYCity) and that limits it to about five months out of the year:-)
Other times, I walk at the mall we live by, or I do one of Leslie Sansone's Walking tapes. Anything to keep moving!

Laurie
http://www.christianhomebusinessconnection.com

#101266 - 04/14/07 12:02 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: homebusiness]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I have been in the same whiney place, Dots. But, today is gorgeous and I am walking around one lake today with a client and another tommorow with my sister. The best part of Minneapolis is the great chain of lakes that we have right in the city. They are surrounded by wonderful walk ways and bike ways. It is wonderful that spring has finally arrived and the great Minneapolis get together is beginning once again.

Welcome, home business. So is the NY weather in spring fever now or still in the winter doldrums?

#101267 - 04/15/07 04:54 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Anno]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Laurie, I was in the habit of mall walking with a friend for an hour every Tuesday, but we are getting out fo the habit due to ridiculous things that keep popping up. In addition to that, I also walk early mornings with a neighbor for 50 minutes to an hour.

Anno, glad spring has sprung where you are. We're getting inches of rain and it's cold out.

Laurie, are you getting snow?

#101268 - 04/18/07 07:58 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily
Madalyn Offline

Girls~~For 10 years I walked about 3 miles a day and lost 50 lbs the first year...then in the past 2 years I just didn't have the energy so I gave it up... but Thanks to this board and this thread, I have the desire to do it again. I just came in from walking for 30 minutes and plan to increase that a little more daily until I reach 45 minutes like I used to do. I love that we can share in this, it gives me incentive to get back to it!!

Thanks, Madalyn

Page 14 of 16 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved