The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 161 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 ... 15 16 >
Topic Options
#101114 - 01/01/07 03:15 PM Let's Walk Daily
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
It sounds like a few of us have resolved to walk more this year. I thought it might be fun to record how much we have walked, what we see when we are walking and how we are feeling about our daily walks. Anyone care to join me in journaling your walks?
Ann

#101115 - 01/01/07 04:01 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Anno]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Anno, what a great idea! I would love to journal like this. But I won't be walking today as I'm still battling a head cold. Tomorrow it's back to work so I plan to walk after I get home - it's way too dark and cold in the mornings - if I feel better.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#101116 - 01/01/07 05:43 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: yonuh]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Cool idea! Maybe by journaling, I would be more diligent in my walks. Count me in. What's the instructions?

#101117 - 01/01/07 06:02 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: jawjaw]
Anno Offline

No instructions that I can think of, up to anyone who wants to journal. Here is mine for the day.

My first walk of the New Year. I saw my first snowman of the winter. (Yes, I live in Minnesota, but we have not had cold weather or snow until last night. Amazing) He, the snowman, was a cutie. Had a flower pot on his head for a hat and arms of evergreen branches.

Families were out tobagganing and cross country skiers at the golf course. Two weeks ago there were golfers and now skiiers. Life in Minnesota can be interesting.

I noticed, that because I was going to return to journal here, that I noticed more and I walked longer. Looking forward to hear about walks all around the world.

Ann

#101118 - 01/01/07 06:08 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Anno]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Great! I'll post as soon as I walk today. I like this. It's freeing...sort of. A place to come and say, "I did it!" A reward of sorts..yes?

#101119 - 01/01/07 06:30 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: jawjaw]
Anno Offline

Yes! Celebrating ourselves and our successes!

#101120 - 01/01/07 06:36 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Ah ha, I didn't even know about this post and I just got back from a teeny bit of an hour-plus walk with a girlfriend. She lives down the street and we walk often. Even though it was misting when we started, rained for part of the walk, then stopped near the end, it was refreshing.

We have a few routes that we've done in the past but lately, due to my knee, we've been weaving in and out of the neighborhood streets nearby just in case I need to stop. Today we also wandered through town and around the courthouse, then called it quits.

Ann, great idea for a topic. I will definitely record my walks. This should make it more fun and interesting. I'll look forward to hearing about where others walk.

Tomorrow, I'm hitting the mall early to walk with another friend. Now that my leg is feeling a bit better, I want to walk off the pounds I've gained since injuring it in August. I weigh more now that I ever have in my life. How many other women can say that? That included when I was pregnant. ACK!

#101121 - 01/01/07 06:41 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I would tell you, but then I'd have to cut out your tongue and break all your fingers....

In high school we learned a new phrase....confess only to the priest.

#101122 - 01/02/07 07:41 AM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I can relate Dotsie, I lost weight when pregnant the second time and was skinny. I am fatter now than I ever was in my entire life, thats what 'bad marriage' stress will do for you. Then those bad habits are hard to break. I plan on walking too and bought a pedometer. Should we post here daily like in the diet section, or just journal our progress....?

Edited by chatty lady (01/02/07 07:43 AM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#101123 - 01/02/07 09:31 AM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: chatty lady]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
I love walking, but need to go somewhere new all the time. Hubby and I often pop into the car and walk somewhere we've never been before. I think it makes it more interesting, and you can't get home that fast.
We measure in kilometers here...hmmm anyway we try to walk at least 5 kilometers, that's 1.6 kilometers in one mile. so that makes; ? Where is my calculator? Okay that's 3.1 miles, takes about 45 minutes (brisk walking). I try to do this at least every other day.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 ... 15 16 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved