The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 169 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#10099 - 12/08/06 08:31 AM Re: Heart is breaking... [Re: DebShines]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Ladies, May I suggest something? When you write a long post, could you break it up more with paragraphs? I just read the same sentence four times. I keep losing my place. It's senior moment time.

#10100 - 12/08/06 05:20 PM Re: Heart is breaking... [Re: DebShines]
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Dear Found-her voice- : I pray for your family situation. Please take care of yourself, that you may remain strong and healthy throughout your ordeal.
Blessings
NABBW & NAWW

#10101 - 12/09/06 05:13 PM Re: Heart is breaking... [Re: Songbird]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Hannelore,

I agree. I get lost in the long posts as well. Thanks for suggesting it!

#10102 - 12/12/06 07:07 AM Life after divorce - I'm back and better than ever [Re: Jane_Carroll]
foundhervoice-atlast Offline

Loc: Colorado
Well, it is 6 months since "D-day",and I have been through quite the adventure. I am happy to say that life is now good again, in a way that it has not been for close to 2 decades. Not without its problems, mind you, as challenges still appear on a daily basis and probably will for some time to come,but for the most part I am able to rise up and greet them head-on. It's funny how sometimes the thing you dread the most can turn out to be an absolute blessing in disguise.

I want to thank all of my forum friends for helping me live through what was surely one of the darkest periods of my life. I don't know how I would have made it without your tireless ears, and infinite words of encouragement. I know that I have been blessed, and I am very grateful to you all...

Foundhervoice_atlast

"Happiness is something you decide on ahead of time. It's the way you decide to arrange your mind..."

"Happiness is something you decide on ahead of time. It's the way you decide to arrange your mind..."

#10103 - 12/12/06 09:40 AM Re: Life after divorce - I'm back and better than ever [Re: foundhervoice-atlast]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Foundhervoice_atlast, I'm, so happy that things have calmed and that you can "rise-up and greet problems head-on."

Have a wonderful peaceful Christmas. Now it's your turn to relax and enjoy.
Hannelore

#10104 - 12/12/06 02:29 PM Re: Life after divorce - I'm back and better than ever [Re: Edelweiss]
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
You go, girl! So happy to read you're doing much better!
Troubles turn into blessings when we let God in and take his hand to be led. Have a joyous Christmas! You deserve it! And... keep the great attitude!
NABBW & NAWW

#10105 - 12/13/06 07:01 AM Re: Life after divorce - I'm back and better than [Re: Songbird]
foundhervoice-atlast Offline

Loc: Colorado
Thank you for your warm holiday wishes!

I took a long hiatus from this wonderful forum when I realized that I suddenly needed to earn a living in order to maintain custody of my children, and right away! I put both of my books and my short story collections on hold, and concentrated on the quickest way to develop an immediate income after being a stay-at-home-mom for 17 years. The divorce settlement I received was meager (my kids have more money put away for their college education than I got for the 20+ years I was married to their dad...) and I lost many a night's sleep over how I was going to put food on the table.

I have worked non-stop for the last 6 months, sometimes not getting more than a couple of hours sleep a night, and eventually settled on getting involved with a network marketing group that has integrity and an extremely useful health product that has strong endorsements from the medical community. I also devised a secondary plan which is now also under way to develop a market for another health product that I have started importing from overseas..as you all know - health concerns are near and dear to my heart and I developed a background by necessity over the years in nutrition and alternative medicine, so it seemed like a logical progression to me.

With the money that these products will bring in, I plan to open up a nonprofit organization to come to the aid of women/mothers around the world who find themselves in predicaments similar to the one I was in, and don't know where to turn for help. I will keep you all posted on my progress.

It was not until yesterday that I opened my writing folder for the first time since the divorce and revisited some of the work that I had put on hold. Afterwards, I checked in with the Boomer forum and realized how much I had missed visiting with you all. By the way, if any of you are still interested in being interviewed for my book on divorce, please send me a private posting on this forum and I will respond to you directly. Please remember that I am not looking for horror stories in spite of what I've been through: I am looking mainly for stories about courageous women who have beaten the odds and gotten their lives back in spite of their ordeals. Any useful advice that you may have for women who may be going through a similar break-up of their families, or suspect that such a break-up is imminent would be greatly appreciated. I want this to be an uplifting book...there is already too much negativity in the world, and I prefer to accentuate the positive and view the proverbial glass as half-full.

In the meantime, I send you my very warmest, heartfelt wishes for a Merry Christmas, a Happy Chanukah, and an awesome Kwaanza! Peace be with you.

Namaste,
Foundhervoice_atlast

#10106 - 12/13/06 08:55 AM Re: Life after divorce - I'm back and better than [Re: foundhervoice-atlast]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
It sounds like you really have it all together and thats great....Welcome back!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#10107 - 12/13/06 10:42 PM Re: Life after divorce - I'm back and better than [Re: chatty lady]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
You go girl! What an amazing woman you are!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#10108 - 12/13/06 11:25 PM Re: Life after divorce - I'm back and better than [Re: Dianne]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Welcome back. It's so great to hear your update. Why don't you begin a post in the writer's forum asking for stories? More writers may see it and submit.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved