The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 151 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#10052 - 04/04/06 08:29 AM Legal Separation
LSmith5434 Offline

Loc: Washington State
Well, I started out on this thread asking for help on what to do with my 41 year marriage.
I am glad to report that things are moving right along, and I will be filing a Legal Separation from my husband in the near future.
We've agreed with the draft of the Legal Separation, and my husband has agreed to see my attorney.
We will meet with her to go over the paperwork, and have new Wills drawn up.
I just want everyone out there to know that I finally realized that I am a strong person, and when the husband thought he was getting to me, I would just tell him I knew my legal rights, and he wasn't going to scare me anymore. I'd had it!!!!
I'm going to be just fine as far as being able to live with the settlement that I will receive.
I've decided to rent for a year, and then jump into looking at buying a house or a condo, or whatever.
Since I was married at the ripe old age of 18 and never out on my own, I need to get out there and find out what it's like to be on my own.
I've also lived in the country for 35 years, and I just don't know what it's going to be like to have neighbors around me. My nearest neighbor right now is five acres away.
I just want to thank all of you for you wonderful words and prayers. It worked!!!!
Will hope to be able to keep in touch a little better now that things have calmed down somewhat.
Also the husband is helping with getting my house ready for me to sell. He's been a big help, but I know it's because he wants to get this over an done with so he can get up to his place and start his new life.
Love to you all, and a big THANK YOU!!!
Lynne

#10053 - 04/05/06 07:59 AM Re: Legal Separation
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
You have such a positive outlook, Lynne. And you seem to have your plans in order. Good luck and forge ahead. We're here to support you.

#10054 - 04/05/06 02:31 AM Re: Legal Separation
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I ditto what Vicki has said Lynne. God's blessings on you as you begin your new life.

JJ

#10055 - 04/05/06 03:40 AM Re: Legal Separation
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
LSmith5434, That is a marvelous turn of events and I am so happy for your progress. Now remember learn from some of the other ladies who have gone through much the same situation, DO NOT jump into a romance just so you have someone to be with. It doesn't work, didn't for them and won't for you. I think it was Searcher that said you need to take time to find and love yourself before you can ever really love anyone else. You are entering a wonderful time of your life. Yes you have lost alot BUT do not dwell on that and remember tomorrow really is the beginning of your new life, make the most of it. I have one question, why a legal separation and not a divorce? You need to cut the cord totally. Its called closure. We're here for you if you need us.

[ April 04, 2006, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#10056 - 04/05/06 03:51 AM Re: Legal Separation
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Lynne, welcome back! How was the trip? Glad to see you are still on the right track.

#10057 - 04/05/06 10:16 AM Re: Legal Separation
LSmith5434 Offline

Loc: Washington State
Chatty.........right now in my life I have no desire to even be with another man. It's time for me to start taking care of myself and doing what I want to do without having to ask permission to do it.
It's a legal separation because I need him to carry me on his insurance. I will pay my share, but it's great insurance and costs a lot less than if I would try to take out my own.
I'm diabetic, with many complications, and need that insurance for many other reasons also.
Plus, neither one of us plan on remarrying, for a while anyway(that's him speaking)never for me!
Jackie.......had a great trip! Came home with a cold that the grandson decided to share with me.
The weather was perfect for Orlando.
Loved Cocoa Beach. Was a perfect day!
And you're right, I'm on the right track, and have plans to stay on it.
Again........many thanks to you all!
Lynne

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved