Birthday blessing

Posted by: Songbird

Birthday blessing - 05/01/07 08:12 PM

Last weekend I was at a Women's Minsitry Retreat here in MA. The keynote speaker was a person whom I profoundly admire. We went to school together in the beautiful Island of Puerto Rico. And we ran into each other last summer, at a minister's funeral.

She is totally devoted to serving the Lord and an inspiration to so many. She is also a singer and songwriter. The Retreat's theme was: "Lead... in victory" . It was the best birthday present for me!
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Birthday blessing - 05/01/07 08:47 PM

What? Birthday? You had a birthday.... You sneaky little bird you.

Well, missy here's your belated wishes.
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Birthday blessing - 05/02/07 07:52 AM

Hey Songbird, happy belated birthday!
Posted by: Jane_Carroll

Re: Birthday blessing - 05/02/07 11:20 AM

Chirp, chirp, chirp...that's me chirping Happy Birthday...I'm glad it was so special for you!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Birthday blessing - 05/02/07 01:28 PM

Remember that song,
"Oh Happy Day,
Oh Happy Day,
when Jesus washed,
when Jesus washed,
when Jesus washed,
my sins away!"

I think of you when I hear it Song. Happy Birtday a tad late my dear, sweet friend!
Posted by: Poppie

Re: Birthday blessing - 05/02/07 07:20 PM

It sounds like you had a grand day Song....Happy belated one from this home

Popea

Re: Birthday blessing - 05/02/07 07:24 PM

Thanks, girls. Wow! I didn't expect all this! You are all so sweet! Yes, The heavenly Father has given me another year to celebrate all his goodness. Isn't he wonderful? And guess what? I LOVE HIM!
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: Birthday blessing - 05/02/07 07:49 PM

Me too! Didn't know! When is the exact date Songbird? Please register it in the calender so we won't miss it next year. Bless you and wishing you a happy healthy new year.
Hannelore
Posted by: celtic_flame

Re: Birthday blessing - 05/02/07 09:04 PM

happie birthday song, ....may you do what you do for manie years to come...
Posted by: Saundra

Re: Birthday blessing - 05/03/07 01:11 AM

Happy happy b'day to you, Songbird. We were late for a very important date!
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Birthday blessing - 05/03/07 01:52 AM

I'm up a creek . . . I missed your birthday!

Happy Birthday Songbird!
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: Birthday blessing - 05/03/07 02:14 AM

I believe that birthdays should be celebrated for WEEKS, not just one day, so it's never too late to celebrate someone's life. Happy birthday, Songbird...one of my favourite lines from a Hallmark card says that every new candle on the cake represents yet one more way that you light up the world...very true of you!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Birthday blessing - 05/04/07 01:45 PM

Song, sounds to me like you were doing exactly what you wanted to do for your birthday. Perfect. Glad to hear it was happy. All the very best to you and your fmaily.

I'm heading to an outdoor retreat tomorrow and the weather is going to be beautiful. I'll let you know how it goes.

Re: Birthday blessing - 05/09/07 11:30 AM

Thanks, gals! The date is April 28!!!- and I don't mind celebrating for weeks, Eagle. I celebrate life each and every day with my wonderful Lord and Savior!

Dotsie, how was your retreat last weekend?