10 + pounds of pure joy

Posted by: chickadee

10 + pounds of pure joy - 09/23/05 07:27 AM

Sisters, I am the proud grand mother of a beautiful baby boy, Charles Daniel, who arrived safely on the week-end. I can't wait to visit and hold God's (not so)little miracle.

chick
Posted by: DonnaJ

Re: 10 + pounds of pure joy - 09/23/05 07:55 AM

Congratulations! What a big boy!
Posted by: Fiftyandfine

Re: 10 + pounds of pure joy - 09/23/05 04:47 PM

10+ pounds? EVERYBODY better be nice to that mama for a l-o-o-o-o-n-g while! Congrats!
Posted by: smilinize

Re: 10 + pounds of pure joy - 09/23/05 05:08 PM

Congratulations!! Now begins the fun.

smile
Posted by: TVC15

Re: 10 + pounds of pure joy - 09/23/05 05:12 PM

Congratulations Grandma Chick!
He's a big one! Cute name!
Try not to spoil him too much!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: 10 + pounds of pure joy - 09/23/05 06:49 PM

Chick, congrats. I love chubby babies. They seem to fit in every nook and cranny when we hod them.
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: 10 + pounds of pure joy - 09/23/05 06:53 PM

Congratulations Nana Chick! When do you get to meet him and hold him in those loving arms of yours?
Posted by: Debra

Re: 10 + pounds of pure joy - 09/23/05 08:21 PM

Awwwww! Congratulations to you and yours!
Posted by: Bluebird

Re: 10 + pounds of pure joy - 09/24/05 01:40 AM

Congratulations Chickadee! If he was my grandson, I'd be calling him Charlie Daniels, just to be obnoxious!! [Wink]
Posted by: DallasGal

Re: 10 + pounds of pure joy - 09/25/05 06:22 AM

Awwwwhhh...how sweet! Congratulations Chick!
Posted by: Bookie

Re: 10 + pounds of pure joy - 09/26/05 11:41 PM

Chickadee
There is nothing like holding your grandchild in your arms for the first time! And what a good sized bundle Charles Daniel is.

My mother had 7 children and most of us weighed over 9 lbs so naturally I was so afraid of having a big baby with my first child. I had a dream that I'd had our baby and a nurse wheeled this huge incubator into the room and inside was my newborn child and he was the size of a two year old!! I really should have known better because even at 9 months along, I was barely into maternity clothes and turns out Jennifer weighed only 6 lbs 2 oz. Whew!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: 10 + pounds of pure joy - 09/27/05 10:47 PM

Bookie, can you imagine delivering 7 kids? I can't I have three, but I only delivered one of them. The other two are adopted. My mom delivered five in a ten year period. What a woman!
Posted by: karenelaine1977

Re: 10 + pounds of pure joy - 09/28/05 01:25 AM

That's so neat, Dotsie-adopting! How old are your little ones?

We only have our little Laine right now. Hopefully more will come. She's just turned 20 months. And she's pure joy for sure!!
Posted by: Songbird

Re: 10 + pounds of pure joy - 09/28/05 11:46 PM

Dear Chick:
I'm not sure how I missed this one. But Congratulations to you and your family. Wow... 10+ lbs. That must be a real cutie of a babe! What a blessing a baby is!

And Grannies... they're just adorable, so I can imagine the smile on your face, dear Chick!

Enjoy your extra special bundle of love! And God bless Charles Daniel and his family!!!