a simple smile

Posted by: Dotsie

a simple smile - 11/05/03 06:45 PM

Anyone else in here feel charged when someone smiles at you? [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

I'm trying very hard to smile at strangers. When they smile back I feel like I've accomplished something. [Big Grin]

Just a thought. [Big Grin]
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: a simple smile - 11/05/03 07:00 PM

Yes Ms. D, I think that's a great thing to do. Something else is whenever I am in line at the groceries and the poor kid working will says, (because they have to) "Hi, how are you today" I say "HI! I'm just right, thank you for asking!" like they are just the salt of the earth for being interested in how I am doing.

Of course they could care less, but by saying this, and in the tone I say it, they seem to perk up a tad (some do/some don't) because I've just put them in a good light in their minds.

I also have a standard answer whenever ANYONE ask me how I am doing....I say "just right." After saying this a while, and even on a Monday, you'll believe it. [Wink]
Posted by: chuchularue

Re: a simple smile - 11/08/03 08:51 AM

I also have a standard answer whenever ANYONE ask me how I am doing....I say "just right." After saying this a while, and even on a Monday, you'll believe it.

I really like this reply. I'm always a little leary of those who are always "GREAT!" It makes my, "Oh, pretty good," seem pathetic. The only thing worse is when I say, "Fine" and they ask, "Only fine?" Like fine is not good enough. Oy.

Take care--Sue
Posted by: Maggie

Re: a simple smile - 11/08/03 08:37 AM

Yes, a smile works wonders for most people and I love to help people laugh too believe it or not.
Its fun and they usually feel better if they are down.
Chuchularue, where are you from in Oregon? I saw your post the other day but didn't get a chance to reply so have been waiting for you to post again. I'm from Tillamook county.
Maggie