It’s the little things in life that bring joy

Posted by: Julie

It’s the little things in life that bring joy - 09/16/03 02:47 AM

It’s the little things in life that bring joy –
Like the disabled student I just saw in a wheelchair speeding down the ramp to the college canteen. Enjoying the rush of air on his face and the empowerment of moving so fast unaided.
I’m sure he didn’t know how much I enjoyed it too!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: It’s the little things in life that bring joy - 10/03/03 06:03 AM

Julie is so right. Tonight I spent from 6-8 taking care of a disabled young man at the Children's Advocacy Center while his grandmother celebrated some kind of program graduation for herself at the center. What an honor it was for me to talk with him, help him write letters (one was to me as his new friend) and just be in his presence. It brought a lot of things into perspective for me and blessed me in so many ways. I wish I had the words... [Smile]
Posted by: Evie

Re: It’s the little things in life that bring joy - 10/03/03 04:00 PM

From what you've told me, you do have the words. I hope you journal the experience too, for future writing material.

Hugs to you for taking time out to make a difference to someone. We need to be reminded that we change our world one small step at a time, one person, one relationship at a time.

The "little things" really do count [Smile]
Posted by: Candice Johnson

Re: It’s the little things in life that bring joy - 10/07/03 05:50 AM

You know jawjaw, i read your post and I think to myslef "I am never going to complain about not having time for something again." I don't know how you do everything that you do. No idea at all.