Who's getting Mom/Dad?

Posted by: Dotsie

Who's getting Mom/Dad? - 11/24/04 06:00 PM

The holidays are upon us. HOw do you deal with seeing your parents, in-laws, children, other family and friends during this time of year?

Can you keep it fair?
Posted by: Elsielc

Re: Who's getting Mom/Dad? - 11/24/04 11:33 PM

Well, you would think it would be easy...it's just me, my mom and sister with her family. But my mother and my sister's mother-in-law don't get along, so can't have them at same gathering. My sister is the one with the family so she ends up doing a Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner for each mother. (the mother in law gets the leftovers!) I live 100 miles from my sister and mom, so I'm always the one traveling in the horrific LA traffic. I think this year I'll get the flu....

[ November 24, 2004, 03:34 PM: Message edited by: Elsielc ]
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Who's getting Mom/Dad? - 11/25/04 05:21 AM

I have it easy. All my relatives live on the East Coast and no one expects to see me. I used to invite friends for certain holidays but I'm not the entertaining type so I gave up on that too.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Who's getting Mom/Dad? - 11/26/04 06:00 PM

I have 3 sisters and 1 brother. My dad goes to one of my sister's homes or Thanksgiving dinner and he takes himself. He's still very independent. Thank God. He's also very easy! [Big Grin]

We went to my father-in-law's home for dinner so he was already there. My nieces picked up my MIL this year. That was a nice switch with the younger generation pitching in. [Big Grin]