missing family

Posted by: Dotsie

missing family - 07/28/03 08:32 PM

As our parents age they are continually faced with learning to deal with the loss of loved ones.

With my sister out of town this week I have thought about what it would be like if she was no longer around. Very morbid thought, but I had it!

I was reminded of my mom who was from a family of 9 children. She had 4 sisters and 4 brothers, and when she died she had witnessed the death of 3 of those sisters and 3 brothers. [Frown]

Looking back I realize now that I should have been more sympathetic during her losses. I tended to want her to get over things quickly so I didn't have to watch her suffer. How selfish of me! [Mad]

[ July 28, 2003, 01:33 PM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]
Posted by: Maggie

Re: missing family - 08/01/03 03:37 AM

Dotsie,
You weren't selfish. I am a firm believer that until you go through something you really don
't understand. Now that I've lost both parents I know what one of my friends meant when she told me she was now an orphan. One of my kids teachers
told me he should be over his grandpa dying the next year. I knew she hadn't gone through it yet.
I think were all too hard on ourselves I know I am so I am trying to lighten up a little.
I love the posts in here that make me laugh and cry. Its nice to have everyone as friends.
Maggie
Posted by: caloona

Re: missing family - 08/11/03 01:52 PM

When I returned fron Oregon i had such a pull to go to jersey to see my parents. when i was away my dad ,a young 76 who rides his bike 5-10 miles a day, had a problem with his heart. I just wanted to get there and see them. I was hepling him in the garden and had to stop myself from crying as the thought -I can't imagine the world without him- passed through my mind.Thankful I live close enough to go visit when the pull hits me.
Posted by: Maggie

Re: missing family - 08/12/03 01:47 AM

Isn't it great when we listen to those pulls or nudgeings. This happened with me when my grandmother was in the hospital. We lived too far away to visit and I didn't know she was in the hospital but felt like I should send a letter with
our sons school picture right away. When I did my
aunt called to tell me how much she enjoyed that letter. It was the last letter she received from
us. I am so glad I did that. I like to think of them as nudgeings from God or angels and etc.
Maggie