Help for Having THAT Talk With Parents

Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Help for Having THAT Talk With Parents - 10/14/14 08:01 PM

Here's 6 great tips to help get that discussion started

Have any of you tried any of these techniques? Please share how it worked for you.
Posted by: jabber

Re: Help for Having THAT Talk With Parents - 10/18/14 10:27 PM

I've kept away from this because I know from experience nobody likes to talk their own demise. In fact most folks' don't even want to think about it. My adoptive were clever people and they made all their own pre-arrangements. But hubby's folks' waited until the very last possible moment. And they were quiet people anyhow. For example: I'm looking forward to being in the arms of The Lord; but, don't want to dwell on dying.
Posted by: yonuh

Re: Help for Having THAT Talk With Parents - 10/22/14 12:58 AM

My parents are both dead, so this is really a conversation I'm having with my partner, Steve, especially since I was diagnosed with lung cancer - he's not handling it well. He keeps saying that he always thought he would be the first to go because of his years of working around all the chemicals involved with carpentry and furniture making and starting to smoke when he was around 12. But none of us know how long we have in this physical body.
Posted by: jabber

Re: Help for Having THAT Talk With Parents - 10/22/14 04:26 PM

That's true, yonuh. None of us know what tomorrow holds. And I sure don't know how I'd react until facing a situation which calls for a reaction. I've been praying WB and I enter the beyond together; but also know that's up to God. This is all I know about Anne's original topic but like to read what others' have to say...on any given subject!