Mammograms

Posted by: Songbird

Mammograms - 10/01/07 07:11 PM

This site helps you donate a mammogram to needy women, and it doesn't cost a penny to you. Please visit daily and click the pink button in the center. Also we can help by referring others to his site:
http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/
Blessings to all!!
Posted by: ladyjane

Re: Mammograms - 10/01/07 08:12 PM

Consider it done...it's a great site and this is Breast Cancer Awareness month...and I'm proud to be a Survivor of 5 years!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Mammograms - 10/02/07 08:30 PM

I've done this before and just did it again.

Funny, I just received informatin from this site today asking me to help spread the word. I am going to put it in the weekly NABBW Update and in our monthly newsletter.
Posted by: Cookie

Re: Mammograms - 10/05/07 05:45 PM

Don't forget to get your mammograms this month! As ladyjane said, this is breast awareness month. I'm going for mine next week.
Posted by: Lola

Re: Mammograms - 10/07/07 05:29 AM

I have been waiting to hear confirmation of appointment for mammogram the past week. Stayed on another day in London just for that and leaving this morning without having heard anything. As confirmation of any medical appointment of this sort is done by post here and owing to a postal strike, I was on the phone all day yesterday seeking confirmation but never got through.

I have felt tenderness on the right breast for a few weeks now. My daughter and I have not felt any lump though. Just tender and a feeling of heaviness on that breast. The locum who attended me in the past said that it was probably muscular pain and had nothing to do with the breast. The man never even bothered to examine me! I went back to see my doctor when he got back from holiday and was referred for mammogram to be on the safe side and I am overdue for one anyway. So, still waiting.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Mammograms - 10/11/07 08:34 PM

Lola, I have fibrous cystic disease in my breasts and they are often tender...similar to what you describe. However, I can often feel the lumps. Vitamin E and staying away from Caffeine helps tremendously.

Have you heard anything yet?
Posted by: Nan

Re: Mammograms - 10/11/07 08:46 PM

So glad to see that awareness is being raised about the importance of mammograms. Fifteen years ago at the age of 43, I went for a routine mammogram that saved my life. With no other symptoms, it was discovered that I had a malignant tumour and after radiation and six months of chemo, I have had no recurrance and continue to live a happy and productive life

Re: Mammograms - 10/12/07 06:29 AM

Have not heard anything by post, Dotsie. And, since I have come back to London, reaching them by phone during the clinic's work hours and mine is frustrating. I could not get through a very engaged line even with constant redial. A very frustrating thing! My daughter has been chasing the time table for scheduled mobile breast clinics in her area, so I may just go for that as a "walk-in" in the interim.
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: Mammograms - 10/12/07 07:43 AM

Lola, not to undermine the seriousness and urgency of an examination, but I get that same feeling in my right breast as well.
I discovered it comes from carrying my granddaughter too much. It’s actually a backstrain that spreads to the chest area. Just a thought.

Re: Mammograms - 10/12/07 08:06 PM

Thanks, Dotsie and Hannelore. It is encouraging to know that not all pain can be symptomatic of anything more serious. Yep. I had also considered that carrying the grandchildren could be contributory.