Neurology Appt.

Posted by: unique

Neurology Appt. - 05/04/05 06:29 PM

I made an appt. today to see a neurologist. Wish me luck & keep me in your prayers, please.
Posted by: Vicki M. Taylor

Re: Neurology Appt. - 05/04/05 08:27 PM

Unique, you're in my thoughts and prayers. I hope it's nothing serious.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Neurology Appt. - 05/05/05 02:55 AM

unique, I'll galdly pray for you. When is it? I hope you don't have to wait too long.
Posted by: Pam Kimmell

Re: Neurology Appt. - 05/05/05 04:21 AM

I will certainly keep you in my prayers....hope whatever your problem is, it's one that can be solved easily and quickly!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Neurology Appt. - 05/05/05 04:27 AM

Definitely have your back prayer wise. Hope all goes well...

Re: Neurology Appt. - 05/05/05 06:06 AM

It's next week, Wed. the 11th. These disorienting headaches have to stop! It's more than 'mental'pause. It's just so transitory...and frightening. And thanks. I knew I could count on you.

Re: Neurology Appt. - 05/05/05 06:39 PM

Pam, I agree. There's nothing worse than getting no diagnosis. "Sorry, we can't find anything wrong!"

Then we begin to think we're losing our minds.
Posted by: Dianne

Re: Neurology Appt. - 05/11/05 02:32 AM

I just now found this. I really hope you're okay. I had the same thing and saw the "brain doctor" years ago. Good old Migraines. Love them...not. Please let us know the outcome. Praying for you.
Posted by: smilinize

Re: Neurology Appt. - 05/11/05 02:53 AM

I saw a neurologist before my recent surgery and another about possible back surgery. They are certainly smart folks, but they never have figured out what is going on with my ankle.

Hopefully your situation will be better and come to a quick and positive resolution.

Prayers comning your way.
smile

Re: Neurology Appt. - 05/11/05 03:02 AM

Thanks, you guys (or ya'll) [Wink] Your prayers have been felt, believe me. Tomorrow is the day and more than anything I just want to find out what is wrong. I know there is something - if it can't be fixed - fine. I just can't manage the pain with 'mind control' anymore. All in my head? Fine!! Then cut the darn thing off!! Love you all so very much....

Re: Neurology Appt. - 05/11/05 11:49 PM

Well, friends...the doctor gave me one shot & two prescriptions. We'll see if/what they do. I also have to schedule a CT scan and we go from there. Hoping for the best....Your prayers have kept me from screaming. Thank you.

Re: Neurology Appt. - 05/12/05 12:33 AM

Where was the shot? I'm afraid to listen.

I hope you can get a CT scan scheduled quickly. There's nothing worse than waiting.

I'm offering up prayers that the shot and meds will give you relief.
Posted by: Princess Lenora

Re: Neurology Appt. - 05/12/05 12:51 AM

Hi Unique, I have been to neurologists since the age of 6 when a headache was diagnosed as a migraine. I've been following this thread and hoping and praying you find some releif. I am wondering what the shot was. A steroid to arrest the symptoms? And what kind of scripts? You have a CT scan? Of what? They can get pretty precise, as in a CT scan of the sinuses. Why not an MRI? Now my doctor is suggesting a PET scan because I have 3 shadows on my brain that they are watching since I had breast cancer. But this isn't about me (funny how I manage to do that: me, me, me!) I really am interested in the details of your ordeal. Let us know when the CT scan is, okay? Love and Light, Lynn

Re: Neurology Appt. - 05/12/05 01:10 AM

Praying for you Eagle and Lynn too.
smile

Re: Neurology Appt. - 05/12/05 06:08 AM

The shot was a steroid + local analgesic. The where...you know those two 'dimples' you have on the backside of your back side? Just about there (on the right).
The CAT scan is for my head - I took a hard whack and had a concussion a few years ago. Ladies, please be careful with hatchback cars. The pneumatic struts that hold up the hatchback failed and the lid came down and cracked me in the back of the head. I've been having headaches lately, emanating from that spot - but they're weird - not so much pain, just an uncomfortable 'awareness'of that area and fuzzy muddled thinking. I call it 'feeling like I'm trying to think with somebody else's brain.'
The term 'migraines' came up, but really, it doesn't feel like the way I've heard others describe migraines. I've heard them described as excruciating, blinding, and debilitating. That describes the body pain but not my 'headache'. The scrips are Flexaril & Indomethacin, a muscle relaxer and an arthritis med. So far, so good. Except for a little stomach queasiness - they seem to actually work. (Of course, the queasiness could be the greasy chicken I had for lunch [Razz] )
I appreciate all your prayers - I find those to be the best prescription of all. An MRI was discussed - I probably will end up getting one of those, too. This was the first appointment with this doctor. The hardest part of this has always been getting someone to listen . At least this doctor is listening and I am grateful for that! Many blessings back to you all - I really do appreciate your prayers on my behalf.

Re: Neurology Appt. - 05/12/05 07:33 AM

Hi Unique, yes, your appointment sounds like progress. Wow, in addition to this head injury, you have to suffer with debililtating pain in your body. I'm so glad you found a doctor on your side! Love and Light, Lynn

Re: Neurology Appt. - 05/12/05 09:31 AM

Unique,
I'm so glad to hear you are making progress. Boomer prayers are certainly powerful.
We'll still be praying for you.
smile
Posted by: Dianne

Re: Neurology Appt. - 05/12/05 06:18 PM

I'll continue to pray also.

I'm changing doctors because mine doesn't listen to me unless she has some resident doctor following her around as part of their training. Any other time, she doesn't want to hear what I have to say.

Re: Neurology Appt. - 05/12/05 06:42 PM

Hi Dianne, is this the same doctor who does the Botox injections? That is an awful bed side manner when she listens only to impress others! LLL
Posted by: Lynn

Re: Neurology Appt. - 05/13/05 03:33 AM

Unique,

Just found this post. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

I, too, see a neuroligist. All the testing can be difficult but a diagnosis and good results are worth the trouble.

Thinking of you,
Lynn
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Neurology Appt. - 05/17/05 02:25 AM

unique, I had a hatchback before the current minivan, and the same thing happened to me! OUCH! [Eek!] Since I've been getting migraines since age 15, it really is different, not that I'd recommend either one.

Hope you feel better soon.