heart probs

Posted by: wolfbane

heart probs - 10/07/04 05:49 PM

Hi all you in Boomerland! I had my heart cath on Tuesday and now am on light duty. No blockages showed up, no narrow cardiac arteries, good news. [Big Grin] So I still have unanswered questions, what in the world is causing me heart pain and lightheadedness? [Confused] I see the cardiologist in 2 weeks, I guess to discuss the results and see what's next. At least I can rest easy now concerning this test. So I guess the stress test was a false positive, remind me not to panic on positive results, not always reliable. [Roll Eyes]
Posted by: Dianne

Re: heart probs - 10/07/04 05:52 PM

Are you under a lot of stress right now? [Confused]
Posted by: lalapaloosa

Re: heart probs - 10/07/04 05:56 PM

Deb,
So glad to hear from you! I was wondering how you were.
You know, stress can cause you to have tightness and pain in your chest and you can get lightheaded and dizzy from stress. After mom died I would get very dizzy and nauseous and couldn't figure out what was wrong. I was diagnosed with Vestibular Dyfunction. The doc said no caffeine, no chocolate, take niacin and avoid stress. The lightheadedness stopped and now I only get it once in a while. I remember when I was a teenager I had Vestibular Dysfunction (I almost put down VD to shorten it LOL but thought better of it!!!) It was right before I met you at the Christian House. After I accepted the Lord I threw the tranqs the doctor had given me away and didn't have a reoccurance until mom died. So, maybe the lightheadness is cause by Vestibular Dysfunction.
Posted by: wolfbane

Re: heart probs - 10/07/04 06:07 PM

Stress? Oh yeah, like no one has any! Stress management is a priority in my lfe right now, hubby out of work for 2 years, trying to get disability claims to go through, me working part time. Hubby's health problems made life hellish for a while. Things are a bit better now, I have the greatest teenage daughter, she's a great help. Hubby is seeing a "real" Dr. now and getting some real help, so my stress level is getting lower, I depend on prayer and support from friends (I have a few great ones). Gonna take a Tai Chi course I think. [Wink]