Scoliosis

Posted by: Kathryn

Scoliosis - 01/28/03 05:20 PM

My 13 yr old son had a scoliosis screening at school recently. The nurse called and said she believed he had scoliosis and said I should see our DR. i was sure the doctor would say, oh they are seldom accurate with these school screenings. And in fact he did sort of grimace when I told him. But when he did his own examination, he concurred and has referred us for scoliosis xrays. Now I'm a little beyond wigged out! I remember when we were kids, those poor girls who had to wear those contraptions for years. I know things have changed but I'm imagining the worst. So, I know one of you can give me the scoop! Help, please?
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Scoliosis - 01/28/03 11:35 PM

My son had to go to his pediatrician after the school screening too. However, she felt like it was unwarranted.

My daughter has a friend who has the brace in her overnight bag every time she comes here. I've never seen it on her!

I also have a friend whose daughter had to have surgery...not to scare you, her's was very obvious. So, if you want the name of a couple doctors in the Baltimore area just let me know and I will email them to you.

I added your son to my prayer list.