Trigeminal Neuralgia

Posted by: Songbird

Trigeminal Neuralgia - 08/25/10 06:20 PM

Has anyone heard of this illness before? It is new to me. But I've recently heard of a few people I know that suffer from this.
Posted by: yonuh

Re: Trigeminal Neuralgia - 08/25/10 07:27 PM

It's also called tic doloreaux and is quite painful from what I know. It is damage or swelling of one of the cranial nerves and can cause pain, burning, pins and needles, and/or paralysis of one side of the face. I haven't researched it lately, but there is probably quite a bit of information on sites like WebMD>
Posted by: jabber

Re: Trigeminal Neuralgia - 08/25/10 09:37 PM

yonuh,
Every little while a person hears of another new illness. This one sounds like no fun at all. Geese! We'd better add people
suffering with this stuff, on our prayer lists.
Posted by: Mountain Ash

Re: Trigeminal Neuralgia - 08/26/10 06:45 AM

Songbird
I have some experience starting last October of T.N.
do PM if you wish to ask anything

Blessings
Posted by: Edelweiss2

Re: Trigeminal Neuralgia - 08/26/10 12:58 PM

Oh Mountain Ash, I'm so sorry that you have this illness. You are quite the brave one, not mentioning this before. Hopefully you don't have this too, Songbird. My mother had a bout, and it is truly horrible.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Trigeminal Neuralgia - 08/26/10 01:29 PM

Ladies, ladies, help is on the way. Here's a link to a post titled Wicked Toothache. I had TN, but when it started I thought it was a toothache. Please begin at the beginning and read all the way through the post because I was cured by the two meds my doctor gave me. Hope and pray this helps. PM me if you want to know more.

http://www.boomerwomenspeak.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=191433#Post191433
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Trigeminal Neuralgia - 08/26/10 01:46 PM

I brought this back to the top. FYI: I updated the Wicked Toothache post for all those suffering.