MOLLIE'S FOLLIES

Posted by: jabber

MOLLIE'S FOLLIES - 05/31/18 10:15 PM

MOLLIE'S FOLLIES is a revised version of "Fractured-The state of having been broken." The main character, Mary Lynn Sharp, aka Mollie, is a prime example of what happens when a little girl is traumatized throughout her formative years. Rippling affects of such a stormy childhood has a negative impact on everybody she meets along life's road. Utmost motivation for writing this novel is an attempt to influence adults to be more careful of what they say to and how they handle human babies. wink
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: MOLLIE'S FOLLIES - 06/20/18 06:56 PM

Sounds interesting, Jabber. What made you decide to rewrite the original book?

Re: MOLLIE'S FOLLIES - 06/20/18 11:19 PM

Well, Anne.
When a person is learning to play a musical instrument, they don't always hit the proper notes. IMHO writing takes practice, as well. I've rewritten this difficult subject matter a few times. Parents too immature to be parenting, oftentimes traumatize their infants' formative years. Everybody those mistreated babies come in contact with throughout their lives, suffer. And it's the crux of what I'm tackling!

And as you know, I got some bum advice from "so-called" experts.
When I started out, I had three manuscripts in mind. A couple years back, I worked on two stories at once. Then, I went back to doing them one at a time.
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: MOLLIE'S FOLLIES - 07/06/18 07:23 PM

I think it would be tough to write on more than one manuscript at a time, Jabber. At least for me, it'd be too hard to keep equal focus on both.

But I can understand having one active project and one on the "back burner," doing research for the upcoming project.

Re: MOLLIE'S FOLLIES - 07/25/18 02:59 PM

Well I rewrote the first manuscript a few times because of this framed plaque on the wall in an economics class. [If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.] I never forgot that.

I had a trilogy in mind when I started out: "Mollie's Follies"; "Blue Pearl & Pepper Rose"; and "Father's Farms"! Instead of doing what Diana Galbaldon does, writing 1,000 pages in one manuscript, I prefer to split them up. Actually, I wanted "Mollie's Follies" to be around 200 pages; but, it didn't work out that way.

Re: MOLLIE'S FOLLIES - 09/05/18 01:58 PM

Well, all I can say is, "first-time authors are an anxious lot."

sleep

Re: MOLLIE'S FOLLIES - 09/21/18 07:00 PM

Since I asked for book reviews and received none, here's a short story-line from its lonesome author.
In new novel, "Mollie's Follies," young, beautiful Mary Lynn Sharp, aka Mollie, is on the run, after a bitter childhood and having been cast into life without guidance. Forced to quit school, she has little money, and no support system; but, Mollie is traveling the USA Mainland alone. East Coast to West Coast, and back again, this tall, thin teen is searching for compassion, love, and a place to call home.
https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/bookshelf
https://www.amazon.com/author/bonnie.mill-lemke