man with 3 kids and no ring

Posted by: Dotsie

man with 3 kids and no ring - 12/30/04 07:17 PM

I saw it again yesterday while at the food court in the mall. Another dad with three children and no wedding ring. [Roll Eyes]

He was doing an excellent job of caring for them. They were young and he had his hands full. I never know the story behind the family when I see this. I only pray the kids are well cared for when they are with either Mom or Dad.
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: man with 3 kids and no ring - 12/30/04 11:57 PM

THere are people who are married but don't wear a ring. Then, he may be dating a woman with 3 kids. Or his wife left but he has custody. You never know. At least they're being cared for.
Posted by: Songbird

Re: man with 3 kids and no ring - 12/31/04 12:36 AM

Dotsie: My husband and I have never wore wedding bands and have been married for 21 years.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: man with 3 kids and no ring - 12/31/04 02:32 AM

Most men don't wear wedding rings. I did a study once of my phone customers and 1 out of 8 wore a ring and even some of them said they removed them ocassionaly, hummm, wonder when and why??? None of my husbands wore a ring. I didn't either the second time, had a large cluster diamond ring but it was always catching on things so I rarely ever wore it daily. Third time ad a gold band and it was easier to manage that one, half the time I forgot it was there. [Eek!]

Re: man with 3 kids and no ring - 12/31/04 10:00 PM

You got me...guilty of judging a book by it's cover. Sorry ladies. Thanks for snapping me back into shape. I really try not to judge, but sometimes I can't help myself. Forgive me please.
Posted by: smilinize

Re: man with 3 kids and no ring - 12/31/04 11:14 PM

Just out of curiosity, how many boomer's and their husbands wear wedding rings? And how to boomers feel about it??

My husband and I both wear gold bands. He wanted me to have one and he wanted one of his own. If he had not, I would not have married him.
I figure if I'm publicly stating I am a married woman, he should state publicly that he is married also.
Having been single a lot, I know how men manipulate the no wedding ring thing. Sometimes just to make it easier to flirt. But flirtation can lead to closeness then to seduction.
Many men remove their wedding rings to pickup women and single women have to be on the alert for it.
Just my take. What's yours?
smile

Re: man with 3 kids and no ring - 01/01/05 03:53 AM

Earl and I had matching silver with inlaid gold wedding bands that I had specially made by a Navaho Indian jeweler. They were expensive and no two others like them. After the first oh maybe 13 months all of a sudden 'slugos' fingers began to swell(oh my) and he put his on his key ring this was also the time he was taking hours away from home to do jobs that should have taken about 1/10th of the time. Get the picture? Yes Smile you are exactly correct. Even in Vegas its hard to get a tramp to flirt with you while wearing a ring I guess.... [Mad]
Posted by: Louisa

Re: man with 3 kids and no ring - 01/02/05 02:48 AM

He could also be divorced and have the kids for the week or something. You just never know.

I for one believe in wearing the rings. But, my first husband had one. Didn't wear it working - it could get caught too easily on something. He wore it the rest of the time - I think, but it didn't stop him........

Second one wears the ring. I have tons of rings. I love them. I even have 3 different ones I wear as my wedding ring. I switch them around. It's a symbol, yes - but, it's a piece of jewelry. What's in the heart is what really counts. IF a man or woman wants to be unfaithful, a piece of jewelry won't stop them.
Louisa

Re: man with 3 kids and no ring - 01/02/05 03:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Louisa:
It's a symbol, yes - but, it's a piece of jewelry. What's in the heart is what really counts. IF a man or woman wants to be unfaithful, a piece of jewelry won't stop them.
Louisa

I totally agree Louisa. If someone wants to cheat, a ring won't stop them. But it might stop the other person.
I am a huge flirt, but when I was single, a wedding ring would stop me in my tracks. He might be immune, but I might not.
smile
Posted by: Maggie

Re: man with 3 kids and no ring - 01/02/05 05:31 AM

We both wear them. The only times I've taken mine off is when I was teaching an art class and didn't want to lose it in the artwork. After the class it went back on my finger. One of the other teachers and I worked together with our classes. He never took his off but then he didn't do much with whatever we were working in either.
Maggie

Re: man with 3 kids and no ring - 01/03/05 09:06 PM

We've been married 25 years and both of us wear our rings. I'd feel naked without mine! [Eek!]
Posted by: Kathryn

Re: man with 3 kids and no ring - 01/06/05 10:01 PM

Okay, if I tell you this, you're gonna know what a whack job I really am....but whenever I look at my husband's hand and see his wedding ring...well it's a turn on! Is that goofy or what? Every time I see the ring on his hand I get mushy, really. I just think it is so amazing that we're still together and still love each other and he values our marriage enough to wear his ring. Last year when he came back home, it was a big deal to him to put it back on. And it continues to be a big deal to me. Call me loony!

Re: man with 3 kids and no ring - 01/07/05 04:11 AM

Kathryn, Nope not calling you looney but I would call you lucky, sentimental, caring, sweet, impassioned and affectionate. Good for you!! [Big Grin]

Re: man with 3 kids and no ring - 01/07/05 04:22 AM

I know a ring is just a symbol, but it's an important one.
As most of you know, I eloped a little over a year ago and we only had time to get some cheap copper rings. Even seeing those on our hands made me all weird.
After a few months we decided this might actually work and my husband ordered us matching gold bands. When they came in and he put the new one on my hand, it was like getting married all over again. It took my breath away. We both got all giddy and decided to go out to a fancy restaurant to celebrate.
I'm like you Kathryn, I love seeing those rings on our hands. It does mean something. Something good.
smile

Re: man with 3 kids and no ring - 01/07/05 06:58 PM

Kath, considering what took place on Christmas Eve in your bedroom...I say you better hide the rings unless the kids are out! [Big Grin]

Re: man with 3 kids and no ring - 01/07/05 09:23 PM

Oh, right, an aphrodisiac! Okay so maybe we should start a new post, what do you find to be an aphrodisiac? The smell of sawdust, yes, sawdust. When we were first married and renovating our first house we did lots of home improvement projects late into the night after the baby was asleep. One thing led to another and an entirely different kind of project got going, amidst the sawdust from the project. The other thing is the smell of hay. Once on a visit to my brother's farm he made a little love nest for my hubby and me in his hayloft as there was no room for privacy in the house. Call me kinky!

Re: man with 3 kids and no ring - 01/08/05 03:39 AM

The smell of water, lake or sea water, the freshness at night. Made love many times many years ago on a pontoon boat, a speed boat and once in a giant inner-tube, now impossible just tricky, so for me its the smell of fresh waterthat makes my knees and my brain go weak. [Wink]

Re: man with 3 kids and no ring - 01/10/05 04:08 PM

You go girl....a pontoon, an innertube....oh la la! Talk about the motion of the ocean!