The Green Weiner

Posted by: jawjaw

The Green Weiner - 07/07/03 01:15 PM

Has anyone else ever gotten the green weiner for a blind date? I know I have. This guy (through a mutual friend) asked me out. When we were leaving, he said "let's go spin some of YOUR money." I thought I had heard wrong so I said "what did you say?" He repeated it. I said "huh?" since I was dumbfounded. He explained. He was on disability from the Viet Nam war and since I had to work everyday, I was essentially paying taxes so he could stay home and live the good life. Are you reeling yet? Dinner was tuff enough listening to this bore. He was one of those that should have said "okay, that's enough about me, now what about me" cause all he did was talk about how he couldn't cope and just sat around all day and played with his corvette. This guy was a member of MENSA (msp?) and smart as a whip but refused to work, or get a job. (I knew him from high school) Not once did he asked me one thing about me or my life.

He ate all of his dinner, and when he saw I didn't, he asked for the rest of mine then ordered dessert for himself. The next day he called and when I said honestly to him that I didn't think we had anything in common but wished him well, he point blank asked me to pay for my meal from the previous night. I said sarcastically "which portion, the portion I ate or what YOU ate." He then sent me flowers at work and started an email campaign asking me why I didn't give our relationship a chance. Relationship? The "R' word after one date? Scary, isn't it. I asked him to stop emailing me and then he sent a "fatal attraction" email that scared me. I told him if he didn't stop, he would be visited by two very large sons of mine. He did. That was two years ago. I had a long talk with my "friend" that setup the date. She had no idea.

anybody else?
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: The Green Weiner - 07/07/03 02:49 PM

I have been married for almost 24 years and therefore have no recent dating stories except for my children's...and they don't share them too often! [Razz]

I know you must have been put off and frustrated by such a selfish man, but it made for a good story!

Have you had any luck dating in the past 2 years?
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: The Green Weiner - 07/07/03 08:59 PM

Dotsie,
Actually, no. But my reasons are different than what you may think. My Mother had breast-cancer (but is cancer-free now) and at the same time, my Daddy's dementia escalated to the point I had to be there every day to control him. So last year and this year have been a blur to me. I am just now coming out of that fog and getting back a portion of my life. Dating is not something I look at as a requirement for fulfilling my days or nights. I have found so many other things I enjoy and truthfully, had forgotten about. Traveling with girlfriends (aren't they a hoot?), reading, volunteering, writing...oh gawd...I just realized something...if I had dyed silver-blue hair I would realize I have become THAT generation...ackkkk...it must be true! I even caught myself singing along to elevator music the other day!