The last straw!!!

Posted by: chatty lady

The last straw!!! - 04/28/10 10:48 PM

There is a nice little lady who lives a block from me who is 80 years old. Her louse has been abusing her verbally and hitting her for over 40 years. WELL!! Last week the police showed up at about 4:00 p.m. and took the old man away in handcuffs, after peramedics bandaged up his head. Later that day I saw her at the mailbox and asked if she was okay? She had a shiner, again!!!! She has had many since I've known her.
She said, that bastUrd had the gall to hit PeWee with his shoe and I just had had enough, so I brained him with my skillet. He has been beating on me for years and I just took it but now he thinks he is going to hit my precious PeWee. She owns a small mixed breed she adopted several years ago from the shelter I was fostering him for; going against her old mans wishes...

She said, I told him he best never hurt my dog. She then said, her friends husband and son were on their way to pack all his stuff and move it into a storage shed, and the house locks will be changed as well. She smiled sweetly and said, "enough is enough!"
Couldn't help myself I had to give her a big hug...
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: The last straw!!! - 04/29/10 01:22 PM

And can you beleive it was the abuse of her dog, not her, that was her breaking point? Amazing. I hope she sticks to her guns. Maybe not the best saying, but you know what I mean.
Posted by: AvalonBlondi

Re: The last straw!!! - 04/29/10 01:45 PM

Wow..this is an amazing story Chatty...I hope she stays strong and doesn't let the jerk worm his way back into her house...but historically abused women forgive and forgive..I hope this is not the case with your neighbor...keep us posted please.
Posted by: Edelweiss2

Re: The last straw!!! - 04/29/10 05:14 PM

I agree Dotsie.

Re: The last straw!!! - 04/30/10 12:00 AM

She is like a different person today. Standing tall, being strong and she seems so relaxed and happy. Only been a week or so but I doubt she will relent. In fact she placed an ad in the newspaper this morning for an senior female roomate, and tomorrow I am taking her to the Humane Society to pick out another little dog who needs a loving home. The complete transformation of this woman is nothing short of astronomical.
She informed me that this is the real her, outgoing and loving life and animals. She lived under his iron fist for so long, never being allowed to be herself she almost disappeared altogether. Today she asked if I would go with her to the pet store to buy some new doggy toys etc.? I had to tell her then about my two girls passing. She understood and said she would ask someone else to go with her to get her new dog as well. I hated to say no, but it's still way too soon for me.

Her soon to be ex husbands things were all deposited in a storage shed the day he got arrested for D.V. and the key was left at the jail when she signed a complaint, and now he can't come within 100 yards of her or her home. A happy ending so far for this charming little lady. Tomorrow she is having an alarm system installed on all her doors and windows. She also closed all the bank accounts, she is a frisky savvy gal after all it seems...
Like she said today, "better late than never, right?"
Posted by: AvalonBlondi

Re: The last straw!!! - 04/30/10 04:01 AM

wow good for your friend Chatty...what an inspiration !! You are so sweet for helping her..:)
Posted by: jabber

Re: The last straw!!! - 05/26/10 02:27 PM

The last straw is generally the beginning of something new!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: The last straw!!! - 05/26/10 02:31 PM

Jabber, that is such a great way to look at life. I love this. I'm going to use it in my writing, with your permission, of course. You are profound!

Re: The last straw!!! - 05/26/10 05:06 PM

Jawjaw,
If I ever say anything that you think is profound, I feel totally
honored! Girl I admire "your" wisdom; didn't know I had an ounce of it myself.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: The last straw!!! - 05/26/10 05:18 PM

Girl, you don't give yourself enough credit, I say. I find your heart full of truisms, and caring. Celebrate who you are because I celebrate the fact you call me friend.

What's not to love, I ask you? Onward, with grace (as Dotsie would say).

It's ALL good.

Re: The last straw!!! - 05/26/10 07:50 PM

Thank you! U R sweetness!!!

Re: The last straw!!! - 06/16/10 08:10 AM

I wonder what the ratio is now on divorces. Has it reached 50/50 yet or is divorce higher these days than marriages?