Josie's Believe It Or Not !!!

Posted by: Josie

Josie's Believe It Or Not !!! - 11/14/08 03:42 PM

I thought I had heard everything about reasons to divorce:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/nov/13/second-life-divorce

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/nov/14/second-life-virtual-worlds-divorce

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,24654561-5006301,00.html
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Josie's Believe It Or Not !!! - 11/14/08 04:04 PM

Way too weird for me.
Posted by: gims

Re: Josie's Believe It Or Not !!! - 11/14/08 05:41 PM

All I can think is that the couples' unions were already in jeopardy for the simple fact that one (or both, who knows really) of the pair sought virtual 'couplings.'
Posted by: dancer9

Re: Josie's Believe It Or Not !!! - 11/14/08 06:02 PM

I agree with you on this one, Gims.
Dancer
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Josie's Believe It Or Not !!! - 11/14/08 09:40 PM

YEE GADS, whats next?
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Josie's Believe It Or Not !!! - 11/17/08 04:38 AM

I saw a story on tv about real people marrying their online fantasies, who aren't people at all. Like marrying a cartoon or whatever.
Posted by: Ellemm

Re: Josie's Believe It Or Not !!! - 11/17/08 02:38 PM

What with the rise of the internet, I'm going to guess that a lot of folks see these 'outings' as a safe form of straying. They can get a little thrill -- surely it's attention or variety they are looking for -- without worrying about the messiness or danger of real people. But it's like everything virtual and can go too far: video games, too much time on message boards, gambling, dating, whatever. (To be even creepier, I know that people looking for all sorts of [censored] have found the internet to be a gold mine).

In short, like gims says, if you are looking for it you can find it. It's a shame: so many people find virtual friends, but it goes both ways. Virtual friends or lovers can take you away from the real thing.

I saw a movie with Sylvester Stallone awhile back -- some goofy sci-fi action/comedy thing set in the future -- and there the folks had only virtual sex. Needless to say, his character is catapaulted into the future and has no idea what's going on. But the female character, who startles him with an offer of sex, explains that no one actually 'does' that anymore -- ewww -- not after all the diseases that occurred after AIDS. So they wear virtual reality headsets. Sometimes fiction creeps closer to truth than we imagine ....

Re: Josie's Believe It Or Not !!! - 11/17/08 06:58 PM

One of the largest and most money making idustries even in todays economy, is PHONE SEX!!! It's usually safe, no contact and a man can be whatever he wants to be to the woman who is being well paid to make him believe he really is what he says he is. No hurt, no fowl!

The only troublesome thing is that some of these bone headed men start believing these 'phone actress's' and it causes trouble on the home front. It's not cheap either....
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Josie's Believe It Or Not !!! - 11/18/08 11:24 PM

Makes you wonder how the computer has affected some people doesn't it.

Re: Josie's Believe It Or Not !!! - 11/25/08 10:54 PM

If thats the case Anne, and I agree that it is, the human race is in trouble. Everyone is poretending to be someone or something they're not. The compouter has made that so easy it has become the norm, not the exception.
Posted by: jabber

Re: Josie's Believe It Or Not !!! - 11/28/08 02:36 PM

This is weird stuff, I was thinking of the "Ultimate Vacation": That guy's doing the "Utimate Betrayal?" Weird! Way weird!

Re: Josie's Believe It Or Not !!! - 11/29/08 12:38 AM

This remidns me of that country song about a guy who's "so much cooler online." Anyone heard that? It's great. Here are the lyrics. It's by Brad Paisley.

"Online"

I work down at the pizza pit
And I drive an old Hyundai
I still live with my mom and dad
I'm 5'3 and overweight

I'm a Sci-Fi fanatic
Mild asthmatic
Never been to 2nd base
But there's a whole nother me
That you need to see
Go check out MySpace

'cause online I'm out in Hollywood
I'm 6'5 and I look damn good
I drive a Maserati
I'm a black belt in Karate
And I love a good glass of wine

It turns girls on that I'm mysterious
I tell 'em I don't want nothing serious
'cause even on a slow day I can have a three way
Chat with two women at one time

I'm so much cooler online
So much cooler online

I get home, I kiss my mom
And she fixes me a snack
I head down to my basement bedroom
And fire up my Mac

In real life the only time I
Ever even been to L.A.
Was when I got the chance with the marching band
To play tuba in the Rose Parade.

Online I live in Malibu
I posed for Calvin Kline, I've been in GQ
I'm single and I'm rich
And I got a set of six pack abs that'll blow your mind

It turns girls on that I'm mysterious
I tell 'em I don't want nothing serious
'cause even on a slow day I can have a three way

Yeah I'm cooler online

When you got my kinda stats, it's hard to get a date
Let alone a real girlfriend
But I grow another foot
And I lose a bunch of weight everytime I log in

Online I'm out in Hollywood
I'm 6'5 and I look damn good
Even on a slow day, I can have a three way

Yeah I'm cooler online
Yeah I'm cooler online

[ www.azlyrics.com ]

Re: Josie's Believe It Or Not !!! - 11/29/08 12:41 AM

Here's the link to the video on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GcVnhNjWV0

Re: Josie's Believe It Or Not !!! - 11/29/08 12:42 AM

Now I'll be singing that song all night.

Re: Josie's Believe It Or Not !!! - 11/29/08 02:55 PM

Heard it, Dotsie. I listen to country music mostly, when I listen to music. Brad, Dolly, AJ, Martina, George 1 & 2, you know the routine...I'm so much cooler online! LOL!
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Josie's Believe It Or Not !!! - 11/29/08 04:25 PM

Cute video - thanks for sharing Dotsie! The characters are a hoot!

Yep, folks need to set aside those fantasy worlds, put on some shoes, and get out there! You don't need to spend any money, go for a walk, read a book on the porch, work in the yard, help someone - do real things in the real world!

Re: Josie's Believe It Or Not !!! - 11/30/08 01:24 PM

jabber, we are new to the country music. Our son went to school in the south, and around the same time, our daughter started listening to country too. We've gotten use to it and have become a real fan. We even went to a country music festival in the fall. Ross and I are going to see Kenny Rogers Christmas Concert in a couple weeks. Have you ever listened to Kenny and Dolly's' Christmas music? I love it, but she's not going to be there. I wish she was.

Mustang, I agree with your comments wholeheartedly.

Re: Josie's Believe It Or Not !!! - 11/30/08 02:40 PM

Dotsie,
Kenny and Dolly's "Islands In The Stream," has been credited as the greatest Country & Western duet recording of all times. I'll look for their Christmas music. To answer your
question: No, not really. But I will!

Mustang, I agree as well! Sometimes the simpler things in life are the best things in life!

Re: Josie's Believe It Or Not !!! - 11/30/08 09:35 PM

I sang country when singing professionally. Met Dolly but never was fortunate enough to perform with her. I met Kenny Rodgers many, many years later when he was in Vegas opening another of his chicken restaurants, He was signing autographs and was very friendly, even sang a few songs...

Re: Josie's Believe It Or Not !!! - 12/01/08 02:39 PM

Chatty,
That is so cool! I didn't know you sang professionally. And you met Dolly and Kenny! Wow! I'm impressed! I truly love Dolly. I think I like George Jones, George Strait and Alan Jackson more than Kenny Rogers. But, hey, that's just me. I like Dolly for the person she is: Her heart is almost as big those Smoky Mountains of Tennessee.

Re: Josie's Believe It Or Not !!! - 12/02/08 12:17 AM

I agree about Dolly Parton, such a huge, mega-star and she was as friendly and down to earth as anyone here on this forum.

I am not a particular fan of Kenny Rogers and know a really big, nasty secret about him...he, he!!!

I was then, and am now, crazy for George Jones singing. But my favorite as far as nice men go would have to still be Buck Owens, what a kind man he was, and his band, the Buckaroo's backed me up on my records all those years ago.

My favorite living country singer is Boceufes or as he is also known, Hank Williams Jr. What a great guy he is...
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Josie's Believe It Or Not !!! - 12/02/08 01:46 AM

And I turned down a dinner invitation from ol Hank.
Chatty I bet you had a ball. I know a secret about Kenny too.

Re: Josie's Believe It Or Not !!! - 12/09/08 04:20 PM

Well, I don't know secrets but I like young Hank and I like his
Daddy, too. Anybody know if LoriAnne Crook is married to
the guy that play HanK Williams Sr.? Her husband is Jim Owens and there was a Jim Owens that played Hank Sr. in the TV movie they did about Daddy Hank. If that's the guy, he's tall and cute as can be. Chatty, I liked Buck's main backup singer; he was killed in a motorcyle accident or something way back when, I think.