Walking accessories sites?

Posted by: Di

Walking accessories sites? - 03/11/11 03:02 AM

Does anyone know of good sites that sell walking accessories? I'm actually looking for a holder that holds a water bottle.
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Walking accessories sites? - 03/11/11 07:03 PM

Hi Di,

I found this one on amazon. It's a link from Amazon, but the manufacturer, Sportline, seems to have a number of other options as well. Sportline Water Bottle Holder This one might be useful as it also holds keys, phone, etc.

Otherwise, if this one doesn't work for you, they have other options on their main site: Sportline

Anne
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Walking accessories sites? - 04/15/11 12:48 AM

What a great site Anne. Thanks!!!
Posted by: Sandy N.

Re: Walking accessories sites? - 04/15/11 05:08 AM

Has anyone tried those Skechers "Shape Up" shoes? (Or similar ones.) They're the ones with the thick soles that are supposed to magically firm your derriere.
Are they comfortable? Safe? Do they help firm anything?
Posted by: jabber

Re: Walking accessories sites? - 04/27/11 04:07 PM

I bought my DIL a pair when she visited last summer. I'll ask
her daughters, via FB and get back to you.

Re: Walking accessories sites? - 04/27/11 07:21 PM

I'm curious about Sketchers shoes as well. I need to buy a new pair of walking shoes.
Posted by: Di

Re: Walking accessories sites? - 04/27/11 09:41 PM

I think the best walking shoes, Anne, are the Zcoils. www.zcoils.com . I cannot live without them!

Re: Walking accessories sites? - 04/28/11 12:49 AM

Interesting looking shoe, I had never heard of them before... Glad to know you find them so effective.

Re: Walking accessories sites? - 04/28/11 05:42 PM

We were on vacation when I saw a pair of Z-coils for the first time. Had no idea what they were. They sure are interesting looking. I asked a granddaughter about the Sketchers; she hasn't
gotten back to me, yet. I'll ask one of her sisters. If I get an answer, I'll let ya know.

Re: Walking accessories sites? - 05/01/11 12:57 PM

Sandy N.
My southern belles just got back to me and they say their mom
loves her Sketchers. I'm told she wears them all the time.
IMO, the design of the Z-coils look easier to adjust to.
But I imagine it's a matter of preference. Good luck in whatever you decide. Prayers and blessings,
Posted by: Sandy N.

Re: Walking accessories sites? - 05/06/11 05:03 AM

Thanks for the feedback, Jabber. If I give them a try, I'll write a report for this forum!

Re: Walking accessories sites? - 06/17/11 09:02 PM

I have noticed this year many folks walking with 'walking sticks,' They resemble ski poles and are suppose to enhance the walking experience.

Re: Walking accessories sites? - 06/17/11 10:21 PM

I've noticed this too, Chatty. See several people with walking sticks while we're out geocaching!

Re: Walking accessories sites? - 08/04/11 08:56 PM

I'm going to buy a couple to help me walk when outdoors, steady me some hopefully.

Re: Walking accessories sites? - 09/25/11 09:52 PM

I didn't buy any yet and don't seem to need them. I am so much stronger just walking everyday. I truly believe walking is the best exercise for anyone.