Celebrating Thanksgiving....early...giving thanks

Posted by: Cynthy

Celebrating Thanksgiving....early...giving thanks - 11/22/06 07:32 PM

Hello all, my sister arrived from Bay area to celebrate early Turkey day w me and my friend from Hospice Group. Wonderful dinner and then a DVD. She will stay till weekend. The holidays are bringing up some new feelings of sadness but I am trying to focus on all for which I am grateful. Blessings to all you wonderful gals! Cynthy
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Celebrating Thanksgiving....early...giving thanks - 11/22/06 09:35 PM

Right back at you Cynthy. I hope you and your sister have a wonderful time together.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Celebrating Thanksgiving....early...giving thanks - 11/22/06 10:18 PM

I'm so glad to hear you have family around you during this time. How wonderful for you! Focus on the good that surrounds you, Cynthy. New car? Family and friends? Good for you!

I wish for you lots of turkey and dressing, lots of DVD's and lots of laughs
Posted by: Anno

Re: Celebrating Thanksgiving....early...giving thanks - 11/22/06 11:04 PM

I, too, am happy that you have loved ones with you. As difficult as it may be, make a mental or written list of all that you have in your life that you can celebrate and for which you are grateful. You have so much!

Happy Thanksgiving and I know that you will find comfort in being with your sister and friend.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Celebrating Thanksgiving....early...giving thanks - 11/23/06 12:36 AM

Cynthy,thanks for keeping us up to date. I don't think there is anything wrong with taking time to feel sad. Maybe if you set a time limit to remember and get those feelings out. Then get on with spending more time with your sister and friend.
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: Celebrating Thanksgiving....early...giving thanks - 11/23/06 08:08 AM

Have a wonderful day with your family. Enjoy and bask in the love.