Where Do You Want to Live in 20 Years?

Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Where Do You Want to Live in 20 Years? - 11/19/14 04:24 AM

I just wrote up a long post about how Boomers are reshaping the retirement housing industry. It was a good post, but it didn't save somehow. And I don't have time at the moment to recreate it.

So let's start by me posting a link to this great article from Senior Housing News about how Boomers are going to be reshaping the future of continuing care retirement communities.

You know what I mean, -- those "aging in place" communities where you have options to live totally independently but as your needs change, you can slide into Assisted Living and then into a nursing home -- or back and forth as your health situation changes and evolves.

So what do you think? Where do you see yourself living in 10 years? In 20 years?
Posted by: jabber

Re: Where Do You Want to Live in 20 Years? - 11/22/14 01:32 PM

With Jesus. Like my parents' tombstone says, Till we meet again.
Posted by: Di

Re: Where Do You Want to Live in 20 Years? - 11/24/14 05:20 AM

Amen,Jabber!
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Where Do You Want to Live in 20 Years? - 11/24/14 07:23 PM

Living with Jesus is a fantastic long-term goal, and I aspire to it too. But in 20 years I will be 82, which is younger than my parents are now.So I aspire to still be living on God's green earth at that time.
Posted by: Di

Re: Where Do You Want to Live in 20 Years? - 11/24/14 08:48 PM

20 years.......let's see I'll be 77. I hope to NOT be living on this acreage and taking care of chickens.....and maybe closer to DH's kids to spend more time with grands/great grands maybe by then!! LOL!!
Posted by: yonuh

Re: Where Do You Want to Live in 20 Years? - 11/26/14 01:21 AM

In 20 years, if I'm still here, I'll be 85. If I'm not, I'll be onto my next incarnation. Wonder what that will be?