Barbara Walters Retiring?

Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Barbara Walters Retiring? - 05/21/13 07:30 PM

Wow! I was surprised to hear that Barbara Walters is retiring from broadcasting, though 37 years is a long time to do anything...

This article by NABBW member Carol Orsborn, recently published in the Huffington Post makes it clear that Walters is not heading for a rocking chair any time soon. She just wants to find out if there's anything else she might enjoy doing.

How about you? Do you feel similarly? What would you do if you could do anything you desired? What would you do if you won that huge Powerball payout earlier this week?

I find the whole concept interesting -- and something we don't think about often enough.
Posted by: jabber

Re: Barbara Walters Retiring? - 05/21/13 10:20 PM

If I won the Powerball, I'd hire a live-in cook and housekeeper.
That way I'd have more time to write, which I do only part-time, due to lack of time. Hubby, the dogs, and housekeeping, keep me busy. A person can't do justice to full-time artistry on a part-time basis.

I've always enjoyed watching Barbara Walters. She's a classy lady. Love her style. Love her presentations.
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Barbara Walters Retiring? - 05/22/13 06:04 PM

I LOVE the idea of winning the lottery and investing some of the winnings in a live-in cook and housekeeper, Jabber!

Though I love to express myself creatively through cooking, I despise housework. Still, it's gotta be done, because I like clean clothes, clean sheets, fresh towels, etc. And I hate dirty floors, spills on my counter tops and dust, grocery shopping etc.

I agree that I could get SOOO much more done if someone else cooked and did the housework and household errand-running. I'm sure I could get enough opportunity to express my cooking creativity by handling the chef duties on the live-in's day off.
Posted by: jabber

Re: Barbara Walters Retiring? - 05/26/13 03:42 PM

That's my problem, too, Anne: if one can call it a problem. I love my surroundings very clean, too. And I pray for time-management wisdom! whistle