It's Official!

Posted by: Anno

It's Official! - 06/06/10 01:26 AM

Friday I attended a great retirement party - for myself. I was blessed with the attendance of friends I have known for 20 to 3 years. I am ready to relax, paint, write, spend time with my honey and wait for my next calling. I am grateful for my friends here, and on my bucket list is meeting many of you in person. Any takers?
Posted by: Mountain Ash

Re: It's Official! - 06/06/10 07:34 AM

Enjoy...unwind and know the world awaits.
Posted by: AvalonBlondi

Re: It's Official! - 06/06/10 07:47 AM

Come to Philadelphia Anno and we'll paint the town red!!!

Congrats on your retirement...The best is yet to come!!!
Posted by: yonuh

Re: It's Official! - 06/06/10 02:37 PM

Congratulations, Anno. Take some time to unwind and get used to not going to work. Come to Arizona (but not in the summer!) and see our beautiful desert. Maybe in the winter when it's mild here and cold there? We don't travel much other than day trips. When we have the money there's no time; and when we have the time there's no money. frown
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: It's Official! - 06/06/10 03:00 PM

Anno, a big congrats! Now you get some ME time and can whittle away at that Bucket List. I'm so happy for you! And let me say from one retiree to another; the second half is just delicious!
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: It's Official! - 06/06/10 04:40 PM

Congratulations Anno! I've been watching the big countdown on FB and rejoicing in every moment closer! I'm so happy for you. I LOVE being retired (when did I ever have enough time for work before, there certainly aren't enough hours in the day now!)

We live in Ottawa and you're ALWAYS welcome to come and visit us in Canada's National Capital. Not right now though, because we're renovating our master bedroom and everything's stuffed into every nook and cranny. When you do get here, we'll make sure you experience some of the more unique Canadian delicacies, like beavertails and poutine - we'll even take you to the Quebec side for that poutine!

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! Live life at your own pace now (as much as is possible). xoxox

Re: It's Official! - 06/06/10 10:42 PM

I will be taking lots of time to unwind. We are headed to the Boston and Cape Cod in a week, for a week, and then we are wide open. Dennis has been struggling quite a bit lately, so we are taking it one vacation at a time.

Everyone tells me retirement is busier than work life. At this moment in time, I have a hard time believing that, but it must be true. I do know that I love life and will make the most of it. I just bought a book on writing, found an art teacher that I will hook up with at some point in time and have a new car ready to hit the road. It should be great.

I hope to meet all of you sometime over the next few years! (Don't worry - I am a hotel person!)
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: It's Official! - 06/06/10 11:41 PM

Anno if you do go to Arizona let me know it's not too far adrive and I can meet you there and Yonuh too. What a thrill that would be for me, oh and Dianne is there as well. Or come to Vegas, my door is always open.
Posted by: Edelweiss2

Re: It's Official! - 06/07/10 08:10 AM

Say hello to my hometown Boston from me! Oh and the Cape! Hope you get to see some wild huge waves. Enjoy the baked clams, and clam chowder. I have some really good friends living at the Cape. Everytime I'm there, I want to buy a house on the beach. sigh.

Re: It's Official! - 06/07/10 06:59 PM

I will one day, Chatty!

I will eat long necks, backed clams, and lobster, EW! Love seafood fresh from the ocean.

I am very curious about beavertail and poutine, Eagle.

Re: It's Official! - 06/07/10 08:19 PM

What are long necks? I thought that was something my cousins had.

Re: It's Official! - 06/07/10 08:45 PM

Really JJ. my cousins are short necks. lol lol

I don't know what long necks are either. Do they have double chins? Boy, they would have a feast on my neck!

Oh, and Ann, it should go without saying, you and Dennis are always welcome to come visit in Bavaria.

Re: It's Official! - 06/07/10 08:57 PM

I guess they are the opposite of "no necks" and trust me, I dated him. EW...

Re: It's Official! - 06/07/10 11:03 PM

long-neck clam - an edible clam with thin oval-shaped shell found in coastal regions of the United States

They have "long necks" and are juicy and sweet and I love, love, love them.

However, I am not as fond of "no necks" in any creature - especially men!

Re: It's Official! - 06/08/10 12:21 AM

Yeah my ex has no neck, goes right from chin to shoulders...JUST SO GROSS! He reminds me of a snowman, head on body, no neck!

Re: It's Official! - 06/08/10 04:09 AM

Meow...we short necks got to stick together. Where's Chatty's X?
Git over here,..but watch your step!

Re: It's Official! - 06/08/10 05:06 PM

too funny. And of course, Bavaria is on my list!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: It's Official! - 06/09/10 12:30 AM

Way too funny.

Anno, I'm celebrating with you in your retirement. Getting a taste of it myself and am just as busy. Glad to hear you're going to the Cape. My favorite is Chatham. Will you be going there? We stayed at the Chatham Bars Inn a few years ago for an anniversary and it was like a step back in time. Gorgeous. A piece of heaven.

If you get to Philly to visit Blondi, I will be there too. Or, you and Dennis come to Baltimore. It really is a nice place to visit. We'd love to show you around town.

SO where are you going after the Cape?

So glad you're enjoying the change in pace.

Yay for Anno.

Re: It's Official! - 06/09/10 01:44 PM

Actually, we will be staying in Chatham - the Chatham Inn, I believe. It was the only place in Chatham with a roll in shower for Dennis.

I was just thinking about our next trip. I think we will keep them fairly short, and we will probably stay in the states until summer is over. It's just the perfect time to be here. We will see how Dennis does on this trip. (A simple weekend alone with him wears me out so much)

Re: It's Official! - 06/09/10 02:38 PM

Just read your latest blog, and commented. You two amaze me.

Re: It's Official! - 06/09/10 03:01 PM

Aw, shucks! It's just about love, my friend.

Re: It's Official! - 06/11/10 08:54 PM

So far, one week into retirement, I am LOVE, LOVE, LOVING this gig.

Re: It's Official! - 06/11/10 09:05 PM

And it only gets better as the time passes Anno.

Re: It's Official! - 06/12/10 02:38 PM

That's what I hear, Chatty! Loved your latest blog installment, by the way.

Re: It's Official! - 06/12/10 02:39 PM

That's what I hear, Chatty! Loved your latest blog installment, by the way.

Re: It's Official! - 06/12/10 09:29 PM

Thanks Anno, Unlike JJ who is a humor pot flowing over with funnyisms, I have to write whatever is on my mind at the time. At best my humor is sarcastic but that's just me. Thanking the rest of you who read my blog every Friday and even comment. It makes me feel good to know I touch on problems and concerns we all may have from time to time...
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: It's Official! - 06/17/10 07:09 AM

Anno, best of everything in your retirement.

and to add to your list of invites:
Southern California. Orange County, LA, San Diego. Like Yonuh's Arizona, I'll say -- skip the summer (which goes till the end of October) and visit in winter when you need a respite from the cold.