Shopping?

Posted by: Dianne

Shopping? - 12/04/07 08:20 PM

Where are you favorite places to shop for clothes, purses, shoes or make up?
Posted by: yonuh

Re: Shopping? - 12/05/07 03:10 AM

Thrift and/or consignment shops - always - for clothes, shoes, purses, jewelry (except underwear, which I usually buy at Target). I buy makeup very rarely as I don't wear much, but I try to buy organic and herbal as much as possible. Mostly I buy it at the Food Co-op where we buy everything else.
Posted by: Jane_Carroll

Re: Shopping? - 12/05/07 03:15 AM

I really don't have a favorite store...I like to check out new places with unusual things. I think the most fun store I ever found was Jezebel's in Savannah, GA. It was down on the riverwalk...I bought 3 dresses there that I never saw anywhere else. I was just thinking about it yesterday and wishing I could go back.
Posted by: Dianne

Re: Shopping? - 12/05/07 03:45 PM

I can get lost for hours in Sephora stores. So much stuff!
Posted by: yonuh

Re: Shopping? - 12/06/07 02:51 AM

Anne, I bought my mother-of-the-bridegroom dress at a consignment store for my son's wedding. I paid around $60 for a gown that retails new for around $300. Once, I found an Yves St Laurent cream silk pantsuit for $10. There is a wonderful consignment shop here in Tucson that has mostly designer clothes, shoes, bags, and great jewelry. Half of the store is the $10-and-under room where I always go first. I don't always find things in my size, but there isn't a whole rack of the same style either. Everything there is one-of-a-kind. I generally buy a new wardrobe two or three times a year and end up with designer clothes at bargain basement prices. I think the fun is in the hunt!