Leopard print fashion-makes me feel old

Posted by: orchid

Leopard print fashion-makes me feel old - 05/26/07 11:05 PM

Am beginning to notice the annoying odd occasion now, when leopard print fashion is marketed/made for um...us older women.

I HATE leopard print fashion --ie. scarves, tops, etc. On alot of women, to me ..it makes them look older..and dated.
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Leopard print fashion-makes me feel old - 05/26/07 11:48 PM

I love it! It makes me look funky and feral -- not that I need that much help And there really isn't much excitement in clothing for our age group, so I'll take what I can get.

I may be sensible, but I don't have to look it.
Posted by: orchid

Re: Leopard print fashion-makes me feel old - 05/26/07 11:57 PM

I dunno meredith, ...if I wear it...it would look like some sort of Asian dragonlady thing, who has to wear snakeskin high heels and her white spandex tights.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Leopard print fashion-makes me feel old - 05/27/07 10:44 PM

My grandsons new wife loves animal prints and she has decorated the entire house like a jungle. Leopard spots here, and tiger stripes there and even snake skin print on the drapes. If I knew how I'd post a picture. Sounds gaudy I know, but I was reasonably impressed. It is very different but quite striking, especially with all the giant green plants all around and the 100 gallon tropical fish tank...
Posted by: Laurel

Re: Leopard print fashion-makes me feel old - 06/01/07 12:47 AM

Chatty,
Your grandson's wife needs to meet one of my sisters. She loves animal print and her house looks just as you described.

I think it looks good if done right. But don't wear it myself.

Laurel

Re: Leopard print fashion-makes me feel old - 06/02/07 02:49 AM

The only thing I could wear in animal print would be "elephant skin," as I am not a little lady! He,he...
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Leopard print fashion-makes me feel old - 06/02/07 02:58 AM

Chatty, you're a Cheetah, girl.
Posted by: Dianne

Re: Leopard print fashion-makes me feel old - 06/04/07 01:28 PM

I think you have to be careful with animal print clothing or you can look cheezy.
Posted by: jabber

Love Jungle Room... - 06/07/07 01:40 PM

Chatty,
That jungle room sounds cooool, 2 me! When at Graceland, I fell in love with Elvis's Jungle Room. The plants; the waterfall and stone along 1 end: man it's neater than green sneakers. I know someone that has a palm tree theme in their bedroom: wall paper, bedspread, lights, etc. Anytime they bring the outdoors, indoors it's fine with me.
Ciao for now,
b. rose
Posted by: chocoholic

Re: Love Jungle Room... - 06/08/07 04:13 PM

It can look very cheesy but as an accent piece it can look very fun on a lot of people! I haven't quite been convinced of it's use in too large a quantity though.
Posted by: Saundra

Re: Love Jungle Room... - 06/09/07 01:38 AM

I've seen this look work on women my entire life. Very dramatic! It doesn't work for me. Somehow, freckles don't lend themselves to feral.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Love Jungle Room... - 06/09/07 12:53 PM

I have a sister who loves it, but she uses it sparingly and it works for her. If I tried it, people would point and stare...It just works for some.

Re: Love Jungle Room... - 06/09/07 06:49 PM

This is my first attempt at uploading from photobucket.
Halloween 1999
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Love Jungle Room... - 06/09/07 07:21 PM

Va va va Vroooom Meredith, You wear it well!
Did El Hubo dress for halloween too?

Re: Love Jungle Room... - 06/09/07 07:57 PM

yeah, but his costumes are pretty lame.
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: Love Jungle Room... - 06/09/07 08:24 PM

WOW! You wild pussy cat you! And do you ever wear it well!!!!...
Tell me, … is Hubby the panic stricken twicky Tweety under your foot?

Woops where did he go?

Re: Love Jungle Room... - 06/09/07 08:51 PM

That's my friend Elizabeth next to me, but I cut her out in case she didn't want to be online. It's hard to see from the pic, but I'm wearing army boots

And Chickadee and Hannelore, thanks for the nice words :-)
Posted by: Saundra

Re: Love Jungle Room... - 06/09/07 10:35 PM

Whoa, Meredith. You are on hot ticket, girl. Bet you always steal the show.

Switched horses mid stream... - 06/10/07 04:13 PM

Sorry Orchid,
You wanted to discuss clothes, i.e. leopard prints and the age factor but I changed to Elvis's Jungle Room. I can't wear leopard print either. I had a coat like that once.
It was new when I gave it away. I think there are only a very few ladies that can "pull off" [ha, ha] the print wearing thing.
b. rose

And meredith... - 06/10/07 04:15 PM

Wow, girl--what a picture!!! Nice. I say, Nice!!!
Ciao for now,
b. rose
Posted by: Cookie

Re: And meredith... - 06/10/07 06:03 PM

Now that's what I call being comfortable in your own "jungle cat skin!" You look fabulous, Meredith!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: And meredith... - 06/10/07 09:35 PM

Wow Ms M...You look fit and fab! I bet you get a lot of whistles.

I do too. Only its more like one of those "backing up" sounds...

But you gal, you've got that Tina Turner look going on. Man! I wish I looked that good!
Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: And meredith... - 06/11/07 12:15 AM

That pic was from 1999, but I saw her a couple of months ago and she still has that figure!

I used to have a waist....

Kathy
Posted by: Jane_Carroll

Re: And meredith... - 06/11/07 12:46 AM

I did too...but the diapers camoflauged it...geez...that was a long time ago! LOL!

Re: And meredith... - 06/13/07 05:13 AM

Thanky thanky to all my fan club.

I haven't gone clothes shopping for so long that I HAD to go to Nordstroms Rack today. Was hoping to find more jungle stuff to add to my collection, but the closest I got (criteria -- my first reaction must be "I love this!" as opposed to "This might do.") was one of those knee-length flouncy skirts with ribbon and patchwork and a bunch of neat stuff, including one square of leopard print, next to a patch of flowery design. So of course I bought it.

I also bought a crinkly-pleated slip-over blouse in turquoise and green patterns. I love the crinkly clothing because it doesn't need ironing.

Re: And meredith... - 06/13/07 11:11 AM

Wow Meredith, with a figure like that you can wear anything you darn well please. You are a hotty, there lady. Dam!!!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: And meredith... - 06/13/07 01:00 PM

Meredith, it doesn't look like you have an ouce of fat on you. You go girl!

We have Nordstom's with a Rack too, but I never have any luck there. Plus, the line is always about 15 people deep!

Re: And meredith... - 06/13/07 07:32 PM

Chatty, Dotsie and others -- Truth in advertising (that's why I put the date on the picture!) -- truth is that I'm about 10 lbs. heavier now, Boomer belly and bust. Not that I'm making too much noise about it.
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: And meredith... - 06/13/07 08:45 PM

Aw Meredith...that just makes us love you moooore. So you ARE one of us!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: And meredith... - 06/14/07 09:45 PM

I can relate to the extra ten pounds. Sigh..., but I musn't care that much either because I still keep opening mouth and inserting food.

Re: And meredith... - 06/14/07 10:12 PM

Hey, it happens to the best of us

My Mom was always very slender and in great shape. She had 4 pregnancies & kids and never gained an ounce. Then menopause, and she gained 20 lbs. over the following 10 years -- which has stabilized since then. She was active her whole life, 81 now and still walks every day.

Mom is healthy and mobile, no mean feat at her age. Since we were kids, she told us "eat well and keep active." She has always been my role model in that respect
Posted by: NewLeaf

Re: And meredith... - 06/16/07 03:54 AM

I have to add also that you look simply MMMMAAAAVVVVEEELLLOOOUUUSSS! Great outfit. I have a see thru leopard thingy that I wear sometimes with a longer thingy underneath it but that's all the animal print I have.

I like the way it looks but don't know how well I'd be able to incorporate it into my "decor".