Holiday clothes?

Posted by: Dotsie

Holiday clothes? - 12/02/06 01:32 PM

Anyone stepping out to buy something special for the holidays?

There was a time when I did this, but I have become such a stick in the mud, black pant wearer. It's ridiculous. Every now and then, I'll get a new top. I don't like shopping and trying on. I have to be in the perfect mood - and that and lots of free time rarely happen. I've seen soem adorable holiday sweaters, but still haven't picked one up to buy it. Mustn't be adorable enough.
Posted by: Lola

Re: Holiday clothes? - 12/02/06 02:08 PM

Still to shop. Anything in black. I'll wear my Andalucian combs for colour contrast.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Holiday clothes? - 12/02/06 09:46 PM

I am wearing a deep maroon velvet pants suit with colorful sparkly brocade of Christmas ornament decorations along the sleeves and up the jacket front. I have matching velvet 2 inch heels, same color. Does the word "snazzy" come to mind? LOL
Posted by: Jane_Carroll

Re: Holiday clothes? - 12/03/06 02:26 AM

I saw the cutest sweater today...lime green with penguins on it...very festive and very different!

I used to buy a nice Christmas sweater every year when I was working outside the home...I don't really get into them that much since I'm not dressing up every day.

I still have a few that I wear at home with jeans...

I have a favorite sterling silver angel necklace and snowflake earrings that I enjoy wearing, too.
Posted by: CrosstitchQueen

Re: Holiday clothes? - 12/03/06 12:49 PM

I have a long-sleeved red t-shirt with a picture on the front of wrapped Xmas packages on the beach set between two palm trees decorated with Xmas lights.......hey, this is Florida.......
I have a couple of sweatshirts that are holiday-decoated.......one has ice-skating penguins in Santa hats, another has glittery pine cones.......but it rarely gets cold enough to wear them......
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: Holiday clothes? - 12/03/06 02:21 PM

I've always wanted a special Christmassy outfit to wear on Christmas Day, but still have never gone out to buy anything. Not even a sweater. Oh, I forgot about the denim shirt with a Christmas scene that I bought when we were in California in 1996. That's what I usually wear. I keep meaning to go out AFTER Christmas to get one on sale, but never do. Maybe this year...maybe I'll just go right out tomorrow and get myself one. WHY NOT?! I like the ice-skating penguins in Santa hats...
Posted by: Anno

Re: Holiday clothes? - 12/03/06 03:29 PM

Since I will be in Mexico for the holidays, I bought myself a new red bathing suit to celebrate. A bit different from the rest of you beautiful women, don't you think?
Posted by: Anno

Re: Holiday clothes? - 12/03/06 10:54 PM

Only three short weeks till I can wear that beautiful red suit. Wish you could all go, Anne. Wish we could bring the new year in together.
Posted by: dejavu

Re: Holiday clothes? - 12/06/06 07:46 AM

I often have a dilemma with holiday clothes because I get too warm, and so many of the prettiest holiday things are sweaters, jackets, wool or velour, etc. This year I have decided to go with layers that are still dressy no matter which layer I'm wearing. A simple top dressed up with pretty jewelry, a lightweight jacket of silky (rather than heavy) fabric, and dressy shoes to add pizzazz. I like the new silvery gray fashions, especially combined with a splash of cranberry red.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Holiday clothes? - 12/06/06 03:55 PM

Anno, I just happen to be free for that time...whatever time it was....anyhoo. I'm available.
Posted by: Dianne

Re: Holiday clothes? - 12/08/06 04:13 PM

Pictures, Anno!

I have a t-shirt with a sleezy woman wearing very skimpy clothes and says, Vixen. That's my Christmas outfit!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Holiday clothes? - 12/08/06 08:38 PM

Dianne, I love your sense of humor.
Posted by: Louisa

Re: Holiday clothes? - 12/09/06 01:28 PM

What, Dianne? No shoes?

Re: Holiday clothes? - 12/11/06 01:10 AM

The vixen on the t-shirt is wearing very high boots!
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Holiday clothes? - 12/11/06 01:13 AM

Dianne, where did u get the Vixen shirt!

Re: Holiday clothes? - 12/11/06 03:59 PM

At a little store in Nashville. Haven't seen it anywhere else.