Ruffles

Posted by: Dotsie

Ruffles - 09/21/06 01:47 PM

I was reading in a magazine that ruffles are in. There was a time I loved ruffles and found them so feminine. Now I think they add pounds. Anyone wearing ruffles this fall?
Posted by: TVC15

Re: Ruffles - 09/21/06 01:55 PM

I don't do ruffles!
Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: Ruffles - 09/21/06 03:22 PM

I used to wear ruffles on my top - to get that busty look you really wanted in 9th grade. However, no more ruffles for me - I agree, Dotsie, they do add pounds.

Have you heard about some countries banning super thin models from the runways? They are saying it's bad for the girls to grow up thinking that's the way they should be too - they are trying to get to more realistic sizing. So glad that is finally happening!!

Kathy
Posted by: dejavu

Re: Ruffles - 09/21/06 03:54 PM

One way to wear ruffles without adding pounds is vertically, down the edge of a jacket opening, or at the wrists. And I'd suggest, even in these cases, go for small ruffles!
Posted by: dejavu

Re: Ruffles - 09/21/06 03:56 PM

Another thing they're pushing this fall is the military look. If you already have a nice jacket, you might be able to add a military look by simply switching to brass military-style buttons.
Posted by: Dianne

Re: Ruffles - 09/21/06 09:41 PM

I'm not very big but I have broad shoulders and was told I should never wear ruffles or it will make them look even larger!

I was thrilled to hear about the models on the runway. So glad someone finally realized what it does to young girls.
Posted by: Pam R.

Re: Ruffles - 09/22/06 02:12 AM

EEEWWWW...I never wore ruffles even in 7th grade when I was a size 4! Actually, I never care what's in style. I wear what I think looks good on me, and believe me...ruffles don't!
Posted by: Anno

Re: Ruffles - 09/22/06 10:14 PM

Ruffles? I thought that had to do with potato chips, not clothing.
Never have, never will, but then I have never been a girlie, girl.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Ruffles - 09/23/06 12:04 PM

Unfortunately, I do those kind of Ruffles!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Ruffles - 09/23/06 10:25 PM

To me, looking at some of those runway models is like looking at some of the concentration camp surveviors, and they didn't look that way on purpose. If thats sexy, I'll eat everybodys ruffles...and I don't mean potato chips. Hey Dotsie, nice to see your smiling face again!!
Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: Ruffles - 09/23/06 10:31 PM

Ruffles are only good if you have some yummy onion dip!!
Posted by: Louisa

Re: Ruffles - 09/24/06 12:21 PM

As if it wasn't bad enough, now skinny jeans are "in." Not that I need it, but maybe if I wear a lot of ruffles on top and can squeeze myself into a pair of skinny jeans, it would make me look smaller on the bottom?? Of course, I might just topple over in an outfit like that. Right now, I'd be happy to fit into my fat jeans.

Louisa
Posted by: Dianne

Re: Ruffles - 09/25/06 12:00 AM

I've noticed the waistlines seem to be rising tho. Thank goodness. I don't look good with my fat back hanging out over them.

I tried some of those jeans that are supposed to lift your butt. Well, they only lifted the top part of mine. It was seriously ugly!